Your opinions on the 2010 Star Wars Show -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Yes, we (meaning me and my multiple personalities) all know about the Star Wars show coming out in 2010. It's not supposed to be about the main characters, but instead new ones and background characters. One person working for Lucas said that the only thing he could say ways "Think bounty hunter".

So, what are your opinions on the meek information that has been gathered about this series so far?

I'm just hoping that Lucas doesn't overlook all of those amazing books that take place between Episodes 3 and 4, especially the ones about Boba Fett.

Darth Dracon

Dark Lord and Master

50 XP

13th April 2007

0 Uploads

1,555 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Supposedly the premise of the show is to give us what happenend in the 19 years after the Empire took power over the Republic leading up to Episode IV: A New Hope. It will show us some of the Jedi Purge, the remaining Jedi that go into hiding, those that try to start a Jedi resistance but are evetually hunted by Vader and the Emporer's Hands, the formation of the fledging Alliance and the Rebellion, how Darth Vader 'grows' as a character, and various other worlds and characters whose lives are affected by the Empire. I would not expect to see familiar characters Like Obi-Wan and Yoda pop up a lot through out the series. Perhaps a few references here and there. Add I would count against seeing Vader every week in a lightsaber duel with some hunted Jedi. It will most likely be centered around the people trying to kick off the Rebellion and the Empire trying to extend it's reach and borders. Its been reported that Lucas has already finished filming 100 episodes of the live action show, preparing for 5 years of viewing. Hopefully, he has created somthing that we will WANT to see. I want to see lightsabers all over the place, but I am not going to get my wish. I would love to see scenes between Palpatine and Vader, Palpatine and his subordinates and some Force wielding action, Palpatine training his 'Hands' and his 'Will', but I am slowly getting mentally prepared for non-Jedi/Sith interactions like a big space battle with TIE fighters and such over new worlds not seen in the movies and heroes on both sides that are not Jedi or Sith. And I'm sure we will see a romance involving a Rebel and an Imperial, torn by duty, brought together by love, will they fight, will the Imperial do their duty and kill the Rebel, will the Rebel escape, yadda, yadda, yadda, blech.... We'll have to wait and see...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing the shows. Lets just hope there are no Captain John Luke Piccardesque characters in it. I hate things being solved with diplomacy, lets see people getting there hands dirty.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

That was very informative darth dracon. I never thought of some of that stuff. It's supposed to be more intense like battlestar galactica and firefly. I just hope that Lucas doesn't put in those annoying sex scenes that come up like every other episode of battlestar. He probably won't, but you never know...

ItsChip

My face hurts.

50 XP

9th March 2008

0 Uploads

1,246 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

I would really love to see Boba Fett's stories,im sure he had some amazing adventures.I also hope they show Darth Vader's secret apprentice since its set just before "A New Hope",that would be really cool.I also want to see some serious lightsaber battle's,im sure everyone else is the same,and im pretty sure Lucas will deliver a great series with everything in it.Cant wait Lucas!!

Darth Dracon

Dark Lord and Master

50 XP

13th April 2007

0 Uploads

1,555 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago
lordglads;4361599I'm looking forward to seeing the shows. Lets just hope there are no Captain John Luke Piccardesque characters in it. I hate things being solved with diplomacy, lets see people getting there hands dirty.[/quote] ROTGLMAO:rofl: You said Piccardesque. I get it. That was Funnny. (oh by the way, it's Jean-Luc Picard, just FYI) [quote=Zahadoom;4361628]That was very informative darth dracon. I never thought of some of that stuff. It's supposed to be more intense like battlestar galactica and firefly. I just hope that Lucas doesn't put in those annoying sex scenes that come up like every other episode of battlestar. He probably won't, but you never know...

Thank you, Zahadoom, your flattery is never in vain!:D The romance part of the story has to happen: Leia and Han, Anakin and Padme. Something in th eplot has to allow for us to not only want to see booku Jedi butt whoopin' but also the personal lives of some of the main characters. Why wouldn't you want to see an Alliance hero that has to battle with the ghosts of his past and that everyone else hopes that he can crawl out of the bottle of Corellian Ale long enough to prove to them why he is the venerated hero that they all believed in? Why couldn't you have a young Imperial Officer, sure about her duties and loyalty to the Emporer, only to meet a young, handsome Rebel that challenges her beliefs to the very core, but she continues to hunt him down and when she captures him, she gets "physical" (bow-chicka-wow-wow!) with him? But while he tries to recruit her to the Alliance, she maintains loyalty to the Empire, until Vader discovers her affair and forces her to make the choice to die or use her relationship with her lover to discover the location of the Rebel base (I know, I know...very 'a la Leia' in EP IV) or flush out the leaders of the Rebellion? That's how I would use it. Yeah, it's been done before, but not in SW.... I can't wait for the show!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 10 years ago

I think romance can be used for good characterization, but I really don't want to waist my time watching so chick get it.... I mean come on... this is Star Wars not... star whores...

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#8 10 years ago

I guess I really know nothing about this series. For some reason I thought I heard a long time ago that it was going to be animated.

I also appear to be the minority who would prefer storylines revolving around day-to-day characters. I feel there is so much more potential for creativity there there than rehashing already told stories for major characters.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 10 years ago

This is the animated series, it's coming out this year, not 2010: YouTube - Star Wars : The Clone Wars trailer

ItsChip

My face hurts.

50 XP

9th March 2008

0 Uploads

1,246 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago
Zahadoom;4371018This is the animated series, it's coming out this year, not 2010: YouTube - Star Wars : The Clone Wars trailer

They are different shows!!