tok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

With my cable server I can use up to 6 GB per month and anything over that I pay alot more for. This is what I'm asking......when I play for one hour I use anything from 1-mb to 20 or 33 mbs while playing online......is that right or is there something wrong......it seems alot of megs I'm using up. Do you guys have that to? I can just blow through 6GB in no time while playing online in BattleFeild. I phoned them and they said that is about right for playing online games but in the past I did not use anything like that for other online games. Any info would be great, thank you.

OuchThatHurts

GF makes me horny

50 XP

21st November 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

[]

NO 20-30 mb/sec is too much by 3 decimal places. 1 byte(B)=8 bits(b) 1000bytes =1kB 1000 kB=1mB 20 kB/sec is even high , I think, for bf 1942 To see your data flow speed in game, do this while playing: `console.showstats 1 enter, leave it running then

` console.shownetgraph 1 enter At lower left you will see xxxkB/sec sent xxxx kB/sec recd (recieved) I have ADSL (high speed phone, Asymetrical Digital Suscriber Line) and I get 3-8 kB/sec recd (recieved, my downstream) 2-5kB/sec sent(my upload) ADSL upload is 'cleaner" than cable, albeit slower

EDIT: to get rid of that data blocking your screen so you don't get knifed, hit`then page up till console.showstats 1 is in console, backspace out the 1 and put a zero in, hit enter, happy killing. PS: xp os , control panel, network, can be configured to keep track of that for you..

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I usually sick up about 30 or so megabyte while playing for an hour

OuchThatHurts

GF makes me horny

50 XP

21st November 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
SCORPYI usually sick up about 30 or so megabyte while playing for an hour

1000Mb PER GIG, so 30 odd bf hours per gig, x 6 gigs a month,180 hours of bf per month, if you didn't dl anything else.....

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Yeah the seems about right :)

tok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Thanks OuchThatHurts for all the info.....I will do that. And thank you everybody else for your replys.....oh, as for playing all those hours.....yep...I should get a life I guess. (grin) but it sure is fun for now. LoL :cheers:

greenbudsmapediting

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

i sure would get a new cable server...that service sounds like you get the shaft all the time...having to keep track of what you use...lol...damn glad we dont have your cable server around here...

tok

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I played online games before but this is the first time I used so many megs. I was thinking maybe they changed something for this to just start happening?

Yes Greenbudsmapediting, there's just a few servers to pick from where I live on the Weat Coast but there is a Shaw cable about 70 miles from where I live and there alot better, we just hope someday they come this way. With Shaw cable you can have up to 30GB to use up.....now thats more like it. (grin):cheers: