Jack Rabbit

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

very new to computers so please bare with me! installed bf 1942 v1.45 deluxe edition. all ok! downloaded and saved to a file to be scaned by norton system work 2003. File will not install? reinstalled bf 1942 de v 1.45 and got patch from differant site. still can't install the thing??? somes got to know whats up wi th this?:furious:

Major A Payne

The 6th Day

50 XP

7th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,535 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Ever thought of posting this on the official forum, instead of a sub forum designated for STAR TREK ARMADA 2??

Anyway, a couple of things to try:

1) Disable norton antivirus itself (sometimes any anti-virus software can give an installer problems). 2) Check the type of installer the patch uses. Install Shield is well known for throwing a hissy fit depending on whats running in the background:

(now remember to follow this EXACTLY. i'm not being held responsible for any messups)

Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE once and ONCE only. From the dialogue box that appears select and shut down items except SYSTRAY and EXPLORER Once you've managed this try running the installer again.

If it still doesn't work, then contact the makers of the patch directly as they will most likely be able to direct you better.

steel2

shuboobala

50 XP

10th June 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

lol. some people should read before they post lol

Danny Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

274,610 XP

15th December 2002

246 Uploads

22,704 Posts

1,848 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Moving to correct forum

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#5 14 years ago
steel2lol. some people should read before they post lol

Some could say the same for those people who don't bother looking at the date of the last post. ;) However, when something is put into a completely random forum, it may be funny to the average user, but it is just more time that the mods or admins, in this case FileTrekker, have to spend moving the thread into the proper location. :uhm: