effect2g

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th April 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

hey the problem i have is that every time i play battlefield 1942, when i start up a game (single and multiplayer), it will crash within maybe 20 seconds of playing. My computer is a 2.8 ghz pentium 4 with HT, 1024 pc3200 ram, and i have the 128 mb 9800 pro. I have heat spreaders on the ram, i installed 4 new 80mm fans for the case, 2 intake, 2 exhaust. I dont think the problem is hardware related but more software related. I have recently (about 4 days ago) reformatted my hard drive and installed the latest catalysts and drivers. does any1 kno what is going wrong? :confused:

greenbudsmapediting

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
effect2ghey the problem i have is that every time i play battlefield 1942, when i start up a game (single and multiplayer), it will crash within maybe 20 seconds of playing. My computer is a 2.8 ghz pentium 4 with HT, 1024 pc3200 ram, and i have the 128 mb 9800 pro. I have heat spreaders on the ram, i installed 4 new 80mm fans for the case, 2 intake, 2 exhaust. I dont think the problem is hardware related but more software related. I have recently (about 4 days ago) reformatted my hard drive and installed the latest catalysts and drivers. does any1 kno what is going wrong? :confused:

i have a 9700 pro and when i installed the newest drivers i had all kinds of weird things on screen when playing....try using the driver before that...thats what i did and no problems now...hope it helps...

Bryan_Nitro

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I also have a 9800 pro the problems you are having are internal problems check the system settings. you are not suppost to reformat your hard drive every 4-5 days it can currpt the hard drive.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Bryan_Nitroyou are not suppost to reformat your hard drive every 4-5 days it can currpt the hard drive.

That's a new one on me, the worst you might do is damage the partition, boot sectors or fat table, but then all you have to do is delete the partition and re-partition. The low level factory format (which is not accessible without a special program from the manufacturer anyway) can't be damaged by reformatting, it's just like writing to the drive. It's not unusual for me to format and re-install on a hard drive more than once in a single day and I have never had any serious problems.

Oh yes, the vid problem, did you remember to install the motherboard drivers that would have come with your motherbard? Not installing those can cause problems.

I am assuming you have the latest DX version, what about your sound card drivers, it may not be vid driver problem. At what point does it crash, can you actually get into the game and start playing for 20 seconds.

Good luck

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

UNDIESRULES

Waffle-Sprocket is broke

11,795 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,097 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Hi m8,just in addition to what apoc said,be sure to install the AGP drivers for your mobo.How old is the mobo by the way?Some mobos had AGP fitted retrospectively onto an existing pci slot,these ones have 2 pins that arent connected and a lot of newer games need these pins to run. Not saying your mobo is one of these its just a remote possibility as a lot of these boards are floating around and still being sold new.