mikev

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

This problem started few days ago. Then I had over 1800 servers and all of them were showing pings of 9999, as if the game was unable to update them. Today I have reinstalled Win98SE over the top (just updated system files), and reinstalled BF1942, Road to Rome, 1.5 patch, then desert combat 0.5L and 0.6F patch. No joy. I also had occasional drops to desktop, chipmunk effect with sound and similar, but I can live with those. This pisses me off big time, as I am unable to play online. If I use GameSpy or All seeing eye, the server list shows up, and the game connects, but the in game pings are way over the ones reported outside. If it helps, my machine is an Athlon 2600 on Epox 8RDA+ with 512 Kingston DDR333, dial-up 56k V92 modem. I have tried everything advised previously, such as 22kHz sound, lower textures and such. Single player works fine, multiplayer local in COOP or any other mode works also, it's just that game doesn't see the outside world or something... Any ideas?

grizzler

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

18th December 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

first it could be due to port but it looks like it isnt.

Maybe bf had givin up o u as u r using 56k cos u r the only person i know using one. maybe upgrade it merry crimbo

mikev

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

25th December 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Dude, it has been working before with the same setup, and I've changed nothing in the meantime. I know my ISP is using transparent proxies, maybe they changed something? Still works with the all seeing eye, but switching in and out of the game sucks.