Raingod

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

3rd August 2002

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok well i just upgrade my Radeon VE to a Radeon 8500LE today, so installed it got the lastest driver ad also got directx 9.0a, but when i got to load bf or rtr the loading screens appears then the screen goes black like it does when it goes into BF but then in goes back to the desktop and the game closes. Now i know i had a problem similar to this a while ago but it was because i had some folders in the levels folder from maps i had added, but its not that this time. So does anyone have a clue why it doesnt work?

Raingod

50 XP

3rd August 2002

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Ok well i went back to the drivers which came with the installation cd and the game work but the graphics were all srewed up, so got the 3.0 drivers to see if those would work but they dont as well as the 3.2 dont work.

Bondfreak0079

[FRAG] ARMY

50 XP

15th October 2002

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Well if you didn't already know only GF4, Radeon9500, and GF FX cards support DX9. You have a Radeon 8500LE 64mb that doesn't support DX9. I suggest you return to DX8.1

Raingod

50 XP

3rd August 2002

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I know that but directx9 should still work with it, it work with my radeon ve with no problems.

Hot Shot 12

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th September 2002

0 Uploads

628 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I also have an ATI Radeon 8500LE and i can run BF just fine with DX 9. I don't know what your problem could be but it is compatible.;)

LedZep

ZoSo Freak

50 XP

11th November 2002

0 Uploads

632 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Every moron that can read knows that only 9500Pro + uses DX9 but would yall stop telling people to downgrade there DX9's cuz it aint doin nothing, its the exact same program as DX8.1 except the cards that can use it use the new features. About your problem I have no idea, what is ur system specs what OS etc.

:cya:

Raingod

50 XP

3rd August 2002

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Ok well was able to fix the problem but now i get major graphic curroption in game, and its not only with bf, i've tried star trek armada same problem and same thing with age of mythologie. So its not BF but something to do with the video card itself, i think its a compatability issue bettwen it and maybe my mobo. Ah well gona return it tomorrow probebly a piece of hardware shouldnt be this hard to install.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Hi Raingod,

try going into your vid card settings and turn Vertical Sync on and see if that fixes the graphics corruption problem, it helps for some cards. Also LedZep, good call, all these ppl that blame DX9 for othe ppl's problems need silencing. I run DX9 on my puter and have a GF4-440MX which doesn't use DX9 and it runs fine. The graphics card will only use the bits of DX it can handle and completely ignore the rest.

Good luck

:cya: :cya: :cya:

Raingod

50 XP

3rd August 2002

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Well thanks for the help guys, but it didnt work so decided to return the card.