I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd June 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hey everyone:

I'm having a serious problems with trying to run bf1942. I just purchased my copy today and installed the game, after installation i reset my cpu and then attempted to load the game up. However, the game acted as if it were going to load, first i got the bf1942 screen and then after a sec my screen went black as if the game was going to start up, however then out of nowhere it crashed back into windows and u for a split second there was a small pop up box in the upper right hand corner and a dong type noise. If anyone else is having this problem please help me out, just bought the game and would really like to play it. Thanks!!!!

System specs:

pentium 4 1.7 ghz, 768 ddr ram gainward geforce 3 ti200 with 128 ddr ram onboard windows 98 se

KHParatus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th September 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I have the exact same problem. My specs are similar to yours but I use a GForce4ti4200 vidcard and a SBLive Pro. Latest drivers and everything. Sent off a tech help to EA, but got no response from them. It's funny, but I could run both demos without any problems at all. I've been testing different workarounds, but no luck. Tried resetting desktop to diff res, turned off evrything except systry and explore, unloaded and reloaded game, etc, etc. Here's the real kicker. I loaded it up on my other pc (similar specs, but not exactly the same) and I get the same error!

Sh0rD

¥ Uberhacker ¥

50 XP

11th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,118 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Did yall d/l the v.1.1 patch?

Axle13

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I have the same problem, i have a 1.7 ghz, 640 ram, geforce 3, windows me, when I start the game, the screen just goes black, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

raspster

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Same problem here. I was playing the game before I installed the nvidia refresh rate fix 2.0, I thought that was the reason why, But I un-installed it and same problem. Don't know if it left any ald files behind, But that seems to be the problem, Anyway.. I STILL can't play. PLEASE HELP!

raspster

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I sure all of you that are having this problem have the nvidia refresh rate fix running. Only problem is when you un-install it, You still have it locked in. To get it un-locked, Just re-install your video drivers (I have 41.40's) after you have un-installed the refresh rate fix. You will know it is un-locked when you go into video settings and go under monitor and it allows you to set the refresh rate to what ever your monitor can handle. If its locked onto only 1 refresh rate then you still have the refresh rate fix enabled even thou you un-installed it. Good luck.

Hobgoblin

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd June 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Well, i'm pretty sure that i dont have the nvidia refresh rate fix installed, and if i do it is because it was installed automatically on my computer and not because i purposely did, and i thought that the refresh fix only worked for drivers of 20.67 and below and none of the newer nvidia drivers. Anyway, i downloaded the patch and still same problem, i getting really irritated right now because i pay 50 dollars for a game and my system specs more crush the recommended and the game wont run, if i dont get this fixed i will have to take a trip back to the store and get my money back, which is a shame considering that i would really like to play this game. Well, hopefully someone will come along with a solution to this problem, in the mean time, thanks to all who responded and i hope u have better luck too.

raspster

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Did you check your refresh rate? See if you can change it or not. I'm almost possitive this is the reason. BF1942 wont allow the refresh rate to be locked in. Do you have an nvidia utility programs on? Try to re-install your video drivers.

dad11345

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

I am having a problem also with the ATI 9700 Pro getting lockups when I start to enter a new level.

KHParatus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th September 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

No, I don't have my refresh locked and it never has been locked. I have switched to every rate my monitor supports, and I still have the same problem. One new thing I noticed which I didn't check before. My error log states that my GForce4ti4200 does not support HTL. It does, obviously, and it's turned on. I even ran it through some benchmarks to test it's function and it works just fine. It also sees my Directx8.1 as uncertified when, in fact, it came directly from Microsoft and is certified. This may be a bug, but that doesn't explain why some people have the problem while others don't, even with the same hardware and drivers.