cd477

:/

50 XP

31st January 2003

0 Uploads

188 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

If when you play battlefield online/offline and it seems to be really slow, you should upgrade your RAM. I upgraded form 256 to 512 and my performance shot up, I noticed that the RAM increase took strain off my hard drive allowing me to have faster gameplay.

I also e-mailed EA about the problem. They told me to download the latest sound and video drivers. If you know your type of card but don't know what website to go to, then e-mail EA at [email]technicalsupport@support.ea.com[/email]. Included your system specs. To do this easily click start and Run. In the text box type DXDIAG. Once it is finished collecting you system information, save it and e-mail it as an attachment with your request for help.

CaptCox

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

:fistpunch: Thanks...but that is common sense :-)

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

This seems to be a rehash of the same advice I give nearly everybody having problems, in fact I think I have stated this about a thousand times cause nobody ever reads old posts first before posting their questions, I guess you didn't either huh?

Have fun

:cya: :cya: :cya:

derFuhrer

Don't feed the devil

50 XP

21st June 2002

0 Uploads

556 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

Having played BF1942 on a Celeron 533, Duron 900 and now XP1800+ system I noticed huge differences on all of them. The game was playable on the Celeron but jerky at most times and had only 256MB ram and ATA/33 disk access where map loads were roughly 2 minutes. The difference between the Duron 900 with 512MB ram and the Athlon XP1800 with 1GB ram is hugely different- the map load time was cut down from 30 seconds on the Duron to 10 seconds on the XP1800, and graphics is smooth as a baby's butt and the sound is flawless with all max settings. It really takes a nice rig to get this game running smoothly, but being cutting edge can be a real wallet eater sometimes. :(

VonStriker

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

5th March 2003

0 Uploads

109 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

DerFurer... how'd ya get a TI4200 with AGP8x?

edit/added: Say.... did you add that hard drive with the 8 meg buffer last? I was curious if you noticed a difference from your old drive.

derFuhrer

Don't feed the devil

50 XP

21st June 2002

0 Uploads

556 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Buy one? :rolleyes:

Look on computer store websites, look on http://www.nvidia.com for hardware specs.

miles2

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th March 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

the 8xagp on the geforce 4ti4200 does nothing for framrates go to www.tomshardware.com and see review in the graphics sections....the fps is so close their is no reason to get 8x....it seems its just a marketing ploy ...also because they didnt put it in their 4400 or 4600.....

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

Hi all,

AGP is dead, you will soon see the obituary, there will be no more advances in the AGP bus after 8X so don't worry too much about getting an 8X AGP card. "PCI Express" will soon be coming to a motherboard near you, so once again your Vid card will plug into a PCI slot like all your other cards.

PCI Express will offer blazing throughputs of 2.5 gigabits per second. That kind of speed is ideal for next-generation graphics cards, ethernet cards, and other high-speed hardware, say the developers.

MMM, PCI Express.

have fun

:cya: :cya: :cya:

VonStriker

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

5th March 2003

0 Uploads

109 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

LOL... ya must admit, "Fast PCI" is an oxymoron like Jumbo Shrimp. I'll bet BF1942 (version 5.7 by the time everybody can afford to switch) will drag it to it's knees.... but it might be your sound board....... hahahahahaha......