I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hiya,

I have been a CS player for a few years but feel the need for a change..... and I am having a little difficulty finding usefull info on BF1942......

I hear the regular online is good but I keep seeing references to a 'DC'...... have looked for a download, understand its 500mb, but nowhere can I find one. Is there a site that is all about this mod? Right now I know nothing about it other than it must be a modern day mod due to the heli's etc.............

A generic question or two......... How many online players can be accomodated in 1942, and does this also apply to all the mods?

How long does a 'game' last, or does it go on and on with you respawning when you get fragged?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Bungsyphilis

Yoluyolayyola!!!

50 XP

14th May 2003

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Hi scott, you can find Desert Combat right here on this bf1942files.com or you can go to their website at desertcombat.com just make sure you get the full download and not the incremental, also you might wanna make sure your bf is up to date as well, get that full patch as well. you will be able to filter your internet list to accomodate a specific mod (there are many out there) or show all bf and modded servers. games can last an hour or five minutes depending on the type, and yes you will respawn. anyways welcome to the community and have fun downloading, sounds like your gonna be at it for awhile. :D

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Scott ClarkeHiya,

I hear the regular online is good but I keep seeing references to a 'DC'...... have looked for a download, understand its 500mb, but nowhere can I find one. Is there a site that is all about this mod? Right now I know nothing about it other than it must be a modern day mod due to the heli's etc.............

A generic question or two......... How many online players can be accomodated in 1942, and does this also apply to all the mods?

How long does a 'game' last, or does it go on and on with you respawning when you get fragged?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

More help.

64 players is the max online number, due to hardware demands though the usual is around 32-48. DC is Desert Combat (but not necessarily in the desert), also look for EOD (Eve of Destruction - Vietnam era, jungles etc), FH (Forgotten Hope - more realistic WW2 stuff). There are usually time limits on servers - most use 20 minutes, if no one has won by then the winner/loser is decided on points. There also versions in like LAst Man Standing (Arena map in IS82 - Interstate 1982 - get this one if just for the change)

Have fun and if you have any more question please feel free to come back and ask them.

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

Cpt_Nukem

Extremely confused..........

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

765 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Ahhhhhhh, Apoc your slipping........:lol: j/k Here is the link to DC........and thread moved!, hope it helps!;)

http://www.bf1942files.com/file.info?ID=15280