agirlyman

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th January 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

the game must default at 800 600, cause when i load the game the screen goes fuzzy, and i can't see the menu's to access the graphics settings. Can I configure any of the video setting from msdos? what else besides bying a new monitor can i do?

sniff...

Ranger Insane

Insanity not included

50 XP

2nd January 2003

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Shouldn't be ya monitor, most likely ya video card. What Video card ya got?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Hi agirlyman,

If you want to check the current game settings you can open a file called "video.com" in one of the game dirs, preferably with wordpad.

It will have lines like this:

game.setGameDisplayMode 800 600 32 60 game.setDetailTexture 5 game.setShadows 1 game.setEnvironmentMapping 1 game.setGraphicsQuality 3 game.setLightmaps 1 game.setRenderWhenSpawnMenu 1 game.setMenuViewdistance 100 game.setEffectsQuality 3 game.setPerformance 0

With the top line being the current display mode. You can change it there to better suit you, however it sounds like a refresh rate thing to me rather than a resolution thing. In the display mode I have resolution 800X600 as above, color depth 32 as above but can be 16 but no lower, and the refresh rate 60 Hrtz, yes, I too have an old monitor. If you do have an old monitor this should be set to 60.

Good luck.

:cya: :cya: :cya: