golfrguy87

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th August 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Okay, I just got this game today and installed it got all the patches and stuff. My system has the proper requrments but I am getting an error. I went to EA to see if I could get some help. Well I found my problem but dont understand what I can do to fix it. Here is what is going on.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Question I'm getting the error: "Please insert correct CD-ROM". I have two CD drives. (CD ROM/CD-RW/DVD) Answer If the computer has more than one CDROM drive try running the game with either Disk 1 or Disk 2 inserted in the other CDROM drive. Also be sure that you do not have any virtual CD rom drives running such as software that will emulate a CD rom drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I tryed the Disk 1 and Disk 2 thing. That didnt work. What is a virtual CD rom drive? What software would this be? Like Nero? Thats what I have. So should I unistall Nero? I am very confused and just want to play BF1942! The Demo is kick-ass so i wanted to get the game. Now this pops up and i cant play! :(

FacelessCl0ck

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st December 2002

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

yeah sounds like a virtual drive problem, personally what I have is called Virtual CD 4.3, and I created an image of the first CD and now it "loads the CD" at startup so the game actually loads quicker. that's just a suggestion, but otherwise either just get rid of Nero or try to figure which drive the game is looking at.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Hi golfrguy87,

As long as it's not running Nero shouldn't affect it. To find out what CD the game is looking for do a search in your registry (click on start/run type in "regedit" and search for any any keys containing the word battlefield (should be under HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/EA/Games/Battlefield 1942). There should be a key there that says SRCDIR - in mine the value if F: - in yours it should be the drive you installed the game from, if you have run or installed any software that changes the drive letters of your PC you can adjust it here to match the new (or desired) drive letter of your game CD Drive.

Good Luck

:cya: :cya: :cya:

FacelessCl0ck

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st December 2002

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I don't know why I bother sometimes, Apocolypse always has the correct answer :cya:

golfrguy87

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th August 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

This is not working! :( I will try some other things! Do i need disk 2 to run the game or Disk 1? I dont think i really matters? Here how my thing was though... It was set at D:/ and the other D: is that right? do i need to change it? I installed it on my D Drive.

FacelessCl0ck

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st December 2002

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

ummm well I think you need disc 2, but as far as having two D drives, you got me :confused:

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Hi golfrguy87,

Yes that does look correct. In fact it should look exactly like this.

registry

If yours does (except D: where mine says F:) and your CD drive is D: then something else funny is going on. Do you have any removable drive type devices (ie: Sony digital cameras, external zip drives, external burners) or anything else that may be changing your drive letters? If you do you can go into the control panel (for winME and lower) and select your CD drive and spicify that it is alwys set up as a particular drive letter ie: always D drive not matter what you add or remove, whereas default setup is to be the next available letter after other devices are set up.

Unfortunately the facility to do that seems to have vanished from WinXP. Bugger.

Hope at least some of this helps. Good Luck.

:cya: :cya: :cya:

golfrguy87

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th August 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Well, I might have found the problem. I fixed that other thing but i was exploring then CD and before I posted here I messed with the auto-run. And I am hoping I can see the correct one instead of re-installing?

golfrguy87

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th August 2002

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I think I am going to return the game. Now I am getting an Error that say, "Cant find fingerprint" Maybe this game just aint for my computer... I just wanna thank apocalypse_kid for his help. He really know what he is doin. I bought MOHAA and am not having a porblem with that. So i dont think its the CD now. Just me messing with the game. I will try one more re-install then just return it and wait for some other game.

FacelessCl0ck

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st December 2002

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

most places wont let you return opened software...unless they have different policies than most places....but otherwise I'd say your only hope would be getting half your money back and giving it to them as a "pre-owned" game. And if that's the case, just stick with the game, try to search forums or contact EA tech support. DON'T GIVE UP! IT'S A GREAT GAME!! :cya: