Please can someone help me? I really need some major help with my BF1942: RTR! -1 reply

Please wait...

DavidKeener

May the Force Be With You

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

My computer for some reason is not loading my game and I do have the required computer requirements. I have the latest DirectX, OpenGL drivers, 3dfxglidz drivers, and patch for BF1942. And for some reason my game loads the loading screen then I see a black screen than it goes back to the desktop. I've never had this problem before and I've been playing BF1942 for a few months. My version of Windows is ME. Please someone help me, because I don't want to have to reformat my HD with a ton of files that I can't move from my computer.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Hi DavidKeener,

3dfxglidz drivers

Could you please supply computer hardware specs, you will get no help without supplying the info, it's to hard guessing otherwise. Why do you have these drivers installed, they should only be needed by 3DFX video cards, is that what your vid card is?

get back to us with some info ASAP

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

DavidKeener

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

My hardware specs are Dell Computer, 20GB HD, 1.0Ghz Pentium III, 512MB RAM, a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 420 64MB VC, Cable Modem with 100/10 Ethernet Network Adapter, Floppy, 12x DVD-ROM, 16" Monitor, and two normal factory Dell set speakers.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Seems ok, if a bit low specced.

Did you install any mods, patches, upgrades new drivers etc before it went funny, cause it does seem strange that it worked, then it suddenly stopped! maybe some new software or drivers are causing the problem, or an incorrectly installed mod maybe?

Other than that maybe your vid card is acting up? Do you have a spare you can test it with? maybe borrow one from a friend?

Get back to me ASAP

Good luck

DavidKeener

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I don't have a spare and I tried installing the new mod Recruit Synders Mod Collection RTR.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Hi DavidKeener,

That could be the problem. It says on the readme that you need RtR and Mod Collection RtR 1.3, did you have all of those before installing the "Recruit Snyder's Mod Collection RtR (1.4 Compatible)" If you didn't already have the 1.4 version it could cause big problems.

Good luck

DavidKeener

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Oh well I have Road To Rome and the 1.4 patch before I got the mod so I'm kinda confused

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Hmm, thought I had made myself clear, but obviously not!

You need, Road to Rome, Battlefield 1942 ver 1.4, and "BF 1942 Mod Collection RtR 1.3 - mcrtrsnyder.exe", which is the earlier release of "Recruit Snyders mod collection", before installing "Recruit Snyder's Mod Collection RtR (1.4 Compatible)"

You will find it here;

http://bf1942files.com/file.info?ID=11386

"Recruit Snyder's Mod Collection RtR (1.4 Compatible) - mcrtr1.41.zip" is only an update for this origihal mod collection.

In my last post I made a mistake here;

If you didn't already have the 1.4 version

Should have been "If you didn't already have the [COLOR=red]1.3 [/COLOR] version. Sorry.

Good luck

DavidKeener

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Oh thanks for the clarification I'll try that