DeathBringer69

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

24th December 2002

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello everyone. Ok heres my scenario, with my current setup when i had bought bf1942 it had pretty unplayable framerates right out of the box. All my drivers were updated but figured alot of people were having the same problems so i just dealt with it.Then came the latest patch and WHOA did this game smoke(usually play on a 32 person server.) Now that directx9.0 came out im back in the same boat but worse now. The game stutters on even a 20 person server and the screen seems to freeze up again. Im just wondering if anyones having the same problem with directx 9 if they could post and let me know or have any suggestions on fixing this problem. ( I tried lowering my sound options to 11 khz but didnt seem to work)

I guess i better leave my computer specifications.

AMD athlon 1 gig 386 mb ram 128 mb radeon 8500 vid card(WHQL certified drivers) Sound Card(unknown)

Jingo

Texturer/artist

50 XP

26th October 2002

0 Uploads

184 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I don't think DX9 is the real problem,rather the size of your ram.Maybe DX9 uses more of it.Most of the people like myself experience a smoother and faster gameplay.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I run pretty smooth with 256 Mb Ram, however what I suggest is going into your video settings and check to see whether installing DX9 changed your settings - specially Anti-aliasing settings - which will drop your framerate by over 50% if it automatically enabled it.

:cya: :cya: :cya:

Steve81

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

24th December 2002

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Try dropping the Video card Hardware accleration down one notch and see if it helps.