major könig

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

plz someone help me,im trying to reinstall bf42 but as soon as it reaches 44% it stops installing and a messeage pops up saying:specified component cannot be found in the media.An attempt was made to acces a component that does not exsist in the named media. whats does that mean and what can i do to reinstall battlefield!

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago
major königplz someone help me,im trying to reinstall bf42 but as soon as it reaches 44% it stops installing and a messeage pops up saying:specified component cannot be found in the media.An attempt was made to acces a component that does not exsist in the named media. whats does that mean and what can i do to reinstall battlefield!

Hi major könig,

I trust you have done the usual, cleaned and checked the disk, used a CDROM head read cleaner, tried the disk in another CDROM etc? If you haven't yet try them, it may be a scratched or faulty CD.

Good luck

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

major könig

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

apocalypse_kidHi major könig,

I trust you have done the usual, cleaned and checked the disk, used a CDROM head read cleaner, tried the disk in another CDROM etc? If you haven't yet try them, it may be a scratched or faulty CD.

Good luck

:cya: :cya: :cya:

:smokin:

yep tried all that, even deleted everthing that i could find that be conectet to any bf folders and still the same masseage!Now here comes the wird thing about it all,I just spoke to a freind on the phone like 10 min. ago and he said to try installing it from dvd player and vola it work, complet installment wit no probs. wonders be because ive un-and reinstalled the game a few times allready and that never happend,oh well thx for ure reply to my post! :rock: