ACES HIGH

Oh for Cryin' out loud!

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

665 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I got my sister this game as an early Xmas present and she installed it but it wont work. I am quite sure that her computer meets the minimum requirements, but when she clicks on the icon she gets an error message that says that the last time she opened the game it did not close correctly then we click cancel to load it anyway like it says in the message and it loads but after it reaches the loading screen it crashes to the desktop. We would really like some help on this, my sister really wanted this game and I dont know if I can return it to the store we got it from.

Reekris

Formerly Red Rebel

60,555 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

5,413 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Sorry, I don't know what the problem is, but some stores let you exchange the game for the SAME game. You could try that. Good luck.

Tango Protocol

Master of my own domain

50 XP

18th July 2003

0 Uploads

8,283 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Try uninstalling, then installing it again. Sometimes installs screw up and don't syncronize properly. If that doesn't work, do what Mister Red Rebel said.

ACES HIGH

Oh for Cryin' out loud!

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

665 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

we even tried it on my PC which I know for a fact exceeds the system requirements we are going to try and return it

Tango Protocol

Master of my own domain

50 XP

18th July 2003

0 Uploads

8,283 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Okay, good luck with it. I played it yesterday.. it's a great game.. kind of involved though

X-Adrenaline

Can you feel it now?...

50 XP

7th October 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

My only assumption is the disc is somewhat defective. I have installed the game on a really crappy computer and it ran fine. Check and see if there are any scratches on the outer rim of the disc, this could cause a file not to copy, or copy a corrupt one. If there's anything else I can help you with, send me a tell.

-Fear

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

Fear - could this issue be related to the whole black screen thing that is pretty much on going?