qotsa

Proceeds the Weedian

50 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

7,424 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Well,just last night,my brother was told by the Canadian Embassy that his visa for there was rejected.He'd been accepted by Queens College there a while ago,but the Embassy said that he could do the same course back home (engineering). Well we're from Pakistan right,and this rejection is obviously mainly because of the recent London bombings.I can't help but be pissed not only at the Canadians ( for they do have a reason to be more cautious now) but also at the bombers. It's because of people like them, who twist the teachings of Islam and give a bad name to not only us Muslims but now also to Pakistanis. My brother had gotten very good results,and had worked very hard for all this,but now going there is out of the question for him. He's also been accepted in an American college, but its unlikely he'll get the visa there either. It's so annoying.Because of some idiots like the bombers,things for us will get harder now,such as going abroad for studies,etc.So,anyway.yeah.

-Heretic-

None.

50 XP

12th June 2005

0 Uploads

831 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Im sure its not because of he is from Pakistan. There must be some justified reason(s).

yod@

I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

4,898 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

i can understand your position , i was rejected an american visa eventhough i met all the conditions and got an admit into an good university and had the financial backing too. it is very frustrating

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

That's odd. My ex-girlfriend from Russia got her visa no problem--and Russia's not on our current list of "friendly" countires...

Briareos

Show Me the Study

50 XP

9th June 2005

0 Uploads

199 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
We Are HereticIm sure its not because of he is from Pakistan. There must be some justified reason(s).

We really don't know either way though. It could be, or it may not be a reason. I'm sure they would not say that it was a reason if it was a consideration. Aside from circumstantial evidence, do you have any reason to suspect that what you think is true, qotsa? I'm sorry to hear about your brother's rejected visa. sad%20%28frown%29.gif That really sucks.

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

it sure does.I feel sorry for him.

!moof

Note to self: Find pants.

50 XP

19th October 2002

0 Uploads

2,321 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Well, Nordicvs, Russians aren't the ones bombing trains and buses, and that's how some of the Neanderthals who run countries think of things. Personally, I think the idea of barring visas based on nationality is unethical, because it presumes guilt. If you haven't ever committed a crime, come on over! If you bomb us, that's the price we pay for freedom.

gopaloo

people aren't ready for me.

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

548 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago
That's odd. My ex-girlfriend from Russia got her visa no problem--and Russia's not on our current list of "friendly" countires..

but Russia is mostly filled with white-colored Russians, and russia generally is not know for blowing things up... especially as of late. I see only one thing in this: discrimination. Yes, America (or canada, in this example) is going by sterotype. Since most terrorist are from the middle east area (pakistan included), you can definately assume that they thought there might be trouble if they sent your brother here. We all know that this is false, without even knowing you. I can easily back my words. I am from India, and im the only person in my family living in America... (course, i got my parents, but point being). I can't think of ANY OTHER REASON why my cousins would have his visa rejected. Also, the same situation happened to one of my Austrillian friend. He got stuck in Singapore, and needed to get into the USA, and he got in, with no questions asked. My point: Could it be because of discrimation? Color, or Racism?

!moof

Note to self: Find pants.

50 XP

19th October 2002

0 Uploads

2,321 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

Yes, it's discrimination. I think that's obvious. I think the failure is that discrimination is inefficient. I mean, Even the insurgents in Iraq make up, at most, 1 or 2% of the population. Somewher like India, the number is probably closer to .001%. You can't find those people easily. It's a waste of time.

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

Paronia strikes and 2 fellow GF'ers get caught up in it. People need to get it through their head that nealry all people who pratice Islam are deeply relgious. They would never do a thing such as killing another person or blowing a bus up. You would have liked America yoda.