Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Well, the 2020 US Presidential Election has already begun, with the first campaign rally happening in Florida this Saturday, according to press secretary Sean Spicer. 

I'm not quite sure what to think about that. Not a month into the presidency, and they're already starting a campaign? I guess there's nothing wrong with it, but it does seem a bit weird to be campaigning right now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/319710-trump-to-hold-rally-in-fla-on-saturday

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,496 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Given the recent pressure from the intelligence community they just want to make sure they're good and ready to vet their opposition :p

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,792 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#3 1 year ago

If the Democrats had brought literally anyone else againt Trump, they would have cake-walked the election.

Instead, it was Dumb vs Dumber. No matter who wins, America loses.

So my question turns to who the Democrats plan to bring for 2020.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,096 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#4 1 year ago

DNC: "Man, that Bernie fellow is really popular with the young people, and this Trump guy is pretty dangerous.  We should probably back him.

Hillary: "But you said I could be president next."

DNC: "We did, but you see..."

Hillary: "No, I want to be president.  I wanna, I wanna, I wanna!"

DNC: *Grumbles*

Hillary: "I'll keep whining and sicking my death squad on you until you make me president."

DNC: "Fiiiiiiine."

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,792 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#5 1 year ago

That sums it up quite well.

Badha1rday

Nature's best screw up.

132,255 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

12,663 Posts

0 Threads

#6 1 year ago

"Lindale"If the Democrats had brought literally anyone else againt Trump, they would have cake-walked the election.

Instead, it was Dumb vs Dumber. No matter who wins, America loses.

So my question turns to who the Democrats plan to bring for 2020.

It's going to be Franken. Warren is the apparent front runner but I think she's just running interference. The DNC learned to not run a candidate that the Republicans character assassinated for eight years and Warren will fit that bill in four years. Franken is under the radar, can scoop the rust-belt states, and is progressive enough for change seekers and Bernie supporters to accept him.

Not to mention the man is a political genius and easily likable. Franken V. Trump in 2020, Franken wipes the floor with that caricature.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,496 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#7 1 year ago

Trump would probably attack Franken for his first movie doing poorly at the box office.  

"See?  If he can't get an Oscar how is he going to be president?"

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,792 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#8 1 year ago

Considering I never heard of him, he has to be a better alternative than Trump or Clinton ever would be.

That alone means the Democrats could cake-walk the election.

However, if an actual us vs them battle does occur, the so-called Bible Belt is the one you need to focus on winning.

The way the Electoral College works, the number of votes is determined by population. That means the larger states get more votes, and smaller states get less votes. And whomever gets more votes wins the whole state.

As a result, anyone who voted for the other candidate, their vote no longer counts. Case in point is how the number of Clinton voters in Texas probably outnumbers the total population of a New England state. But their vote does not count because Tump won Texas, so only Trump votes count.

As I have pointed out before, Houston alone has a higher population than most of the Eastern Seaboard states have in total. And Texas as a whole has a larger total population than all of New England combined, and maybe more than the entire Eastern Seaboard.

And, of course, the rest of the Bible Belt will follow Texas step by step.

So, whomever wins the Bible Belt is the next President.

Of course, this entire system is stupidity, and needs to be gotten rid of. America needs to enact a policy of equal representation; one person, one vote. I suggest you get right on this.

Badha1rday

Nature's best screw up.

132,255 XP

27th July 2005

0 Uploads

12,663 Posts

0 Threads

#9 1 year ago
"Lindale" So, whomever wins the Bible Belt is the next President.

Nope. You need to win only two states in the Bible Belt to become president by a landslide, as a Democrat. Florida and North Carolina. Virginia is moderate leaning Democrat for anyone other than Hillary.

Without any biblebelt state you end up with 296 votes. A Democrat just needs the Rust Belt. If a Bible Belt state goes blue it's pretty much over unless the rust belt is in play.

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#10 1 year ago

Judging by this Politico poll, Generic Democrat seems like their safest bet. Warren, well, not so much.