The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Everyone surprised say "oi".

No? No one? Yeah, so the US Congress is going to be discussing the American Sovereignty Restoration Act soon. If passed, the act will remove the US from the United Nations and all associated treaties, and withdraw from the public forum. This effectively means that the US will no longer participate in the IMF, WHO, peacekeeping missions, though it won't be able to veto any resolutions regarding Israel either.

While the United Nations would lose funding, it could easily be replaced as new players move to take over the United States' position. It could be Russia, China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Ukraine, Germany, France, or even Spain. 

I'm more curious to see if this means the UK will be withdrawing as well.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,813 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#2 1 year ago

It would be criminally stupid simply due to the veto-vote in the security council. But then it would be dangerous to underestimate the US as far as criminal stupidity goes...

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,264 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,844 Posts

213 Threads

#3 1 year ago
"Serio" I'm more curious to see if this means the UK will be withdrawing as well.

Why not. We've withdrawn from everything else important to this countries stability. 

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 1 year ago

"MrFancypants"It would be criminally stupid simply due to the veto-vote in the security council. But then it would be dangerous to underestimate the US as far as criminal stupidity goes...[/quote] I feel like I have a morbid curiosity to see just what would be the effects. I imagine it means they'd withdraw from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, too?

[quote="Mikey"]Why not. We've withdrawn from everything else important to this countries stability. 

... Okay, I actually laughed at that. 

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,813 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#5 1 year ago

The only people who were ever stupid enough to willingly give up their security council veto rights (albeit temporarily) were the Soviets in the 1950s for about 6 months. The US used that time to push through a resolution that allowed for international intervention in Korea. After that Russia was tricked a couple of times into abstaining (always turned out badly for them), but they never gave up their veto power again.

I guess it is possible though. This wouldn't be the first time that the US goes through an isolationist phase. That used to be the norm prior to WW2. Isolationism usually implies a lack of warfare though. Chances are that they will get bored quickly.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#6 1 year ago

Why is it surprising? The first world seems to be doing everything it thinks will allow them to relive the hey-day of the Empire or "make this nation great again." You can't eat your cake and have it too. Back then of course, they could have their cake and eat everybody else's too. Obviously, they'd like to continue this because who should put in all the hard work other than the third world? The third world should get repaid in being hollowed out and left to rot when there is absolutely nothing left to take, of course.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 1 year ago
"random_soldier1337"Why is it surprising? The first world seems to be doing everything it thinks will allow them to relive the hey-day of the Empire or "make this nation great again." You can't eat your cake and have it too. Back then of course, they could have their cake and eat everybody else's too. Obviously, they'd like to continue this because who should put in all the hard work other than the third world? The third world should get repaid in being hollowed out and left to rot when there is absolutely nothing left to take, of course.

Did you suffer an aneurysm? No offence, but nothing you said there made any sense whatsoever. There has never been a single Empire that spanned all of the first world. It sounds like you're referring to anywhere that isn't North America as the "third world", which is just factually incorrect.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,093 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#8 1 year ago

"Serio"Everyone surprised say "oi".

No? No one? Yeah, so the US Congress is going to be discussing the American Sovereignty Restoration Act soon. If passed, the act will remove the US from the United Nations and all associated treaties, and withdraw from the public forum. This effectively means that the US will no longer participate in the IMF, WHO, peacekeeping missions, though it won't be able to veto any resolutions regarding Israel either.

While the United Nations would lose funding, it could easily be replaced as new players move to take over the United States' position. It could be Russia, China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Ukraine, Germany, France, or even Spain. 

I'm more curious to see if this means the UK will be withdrawing as well.

OMG Why?  Why?  WHY?  Why is my country being so fucking stupid right now?  I'm so glad I didn't vote for Trump.

Seriously, there are so many red flags flying that it's getting harder to ignore something serious on the horizon due to Trump and his policies, and how he could seriously screw this country up so bad that we may never be the same again.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

411 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,038 Posts

4 Threads

#9 1 year ago
"Serio"Did you suffer an aneurysm? No offence, but nothing you said there made any sense whatsoever. There has never been a single Empire that spanned all of the first world. It sounds like you're referring to anywhere that isn't North America as the "third world", which is just factually incorrect.

No offence but fuck you. When somebody doesn't make sense, call them stupid instead of asking them to be clearer. Oh and add no offence. That will make everything right. [/sarcasm]

I was referring to the British Empire, at least when it was there and of course I know the "First World" encompasses more than just USA.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,264 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,844 Posts

213 Threads

#10 1 year ago
"Serio"
"MrFancypants" [quote="Mikey"]Why not. We've withdrawn from everything else important to this countries stability. 
... Okay, I actually laughed at that. 

I wish it were not funny.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer