An interesting article about GOP "fixing" the results of the 2004 Election 26 replies

Please wait...

Blood n Guts

Wolverine Starting 9/6/2006

50 XP

22nd March 2005

0 Uploads

758 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago

[COLOR=black]The largest evidence that this is not true is the fact that there is no ongoing democratic firestorm calling for investigation into this. Usually if there is even a hint of believable and usable truth, congressmen would be pouring over their constitutionally given right to slander each other during session with broad accusations of corruption, and this would have been ongoing since 2004. But they aren't doing that, which makes me think that independent or official records on the voter turnout differ from his sources, or that he just draws different conclusions from segments of the data.[/COLOR]

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

566,775 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,190 Posts

1,338 Threads

#12 14 years ago
I think a College professor would be putting his career in jeopardy by making up false references. He would lose all legitimacy and damage the schools reputation.

not really, there are A LOT of "professors" that spew crap out of thier mouths, like that Ward Churchill guy

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago

These college professors are basically hippies from the 1960s and 1970s who decided to put down the mary jane and pick up a textbook. Now they rant on and on about how imperalistic the US is, and preach to no end moral relativism.

Here is a classic example of a college professor on vacation: 29.jpg

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

566,775 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,190 Posts

1,338 Threads

#14 14 years ago

:rofl:

nice one.....ill admit politicians (both sides) have done things they shouldnt have......its a shame, but thats the kind of world we live it.......

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Relander

Ambassador

50 XP

8th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,538 Posts

0 Threads

#15 14 years ago
USMA2010But he is a college professor from the most liberal state in the Union. Of course he is going to think this up.

That doesn't say anything. Just because majority of the people and/or the state administration are liberal, doesn't mean that this professor is definately a liberal too. Besides, there are moderate liberals/conservatives and centrist too, not just 100 % liberal or 100 % conservative. I'm sure that there are many right-wingers who oppose Bush too than just "liberals".

These college professors are basically hippies from the 1960s and 1970s who decided to put down the mary jane and pick up a textbook.

That's just thoughtless and even foolish statement. Only small minority of the Americans were actual hippies in 1960's & 1970's and not all of them smoked mary jane. Besides, people change and there are many right-wing professors in the USA too.

Now they rant on and on about how imperalistic the US is, and preach to no end moral relativism.

Don't judge the whole group because of actions of few. Furthermore, we have to notice what they exactly say and mean: people can easily comprehend things wrong or exaggerately. The cold fact is that just like any nation in the world, the USA follows the principles of real politics/political realism, mainly acting through its own interests and this may look like "imperialistic" for other parties.

GreatGrizzly

Fear the Bear

50 XP

23rd February 2005

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#16 14 years ago

Blood n Guts[COLOR=black]Last year, prior to the election, one of my teachers said we'll see who the true winners are after the election is over, referring to how the honorable candidate will step down in the face of defeat. A few days later, he began lecturing the class on the corruption and flaws in our system. If people continue to think and act like this, American democracy is dead; not at the hands of any enemy or corrupt politician, but at the loss of the founding principle of compromise. George Washington warned against political parties. James Madison, the man who wrote the constitution, warned against political parties and interest groups. If people are to keep up this animosity and division, I can see just how damned right they were and want no part in what is to follow.[/COLOR][/quote] It is a sad sad thing. Both sides when in power (republicans are in power now) will corrupt the votes and further increase their "popularity" The only way this can be stopped is getting rid of the Democratic and Republican party. Or at least giving both parties equal power. But that isnt going to happen anytime soon.

RelanderI'm sure that there are many right-wingers who oppose Bush too than just "liberals"..

i know at least 25 "right wingers" that absolutly hate him. This is because he doesnt represent them, only himself.

[quote=USMA2010]These college professors are basically hippies from the 1960s and 1970s who decided to put down the mary jane and pick up a textbook.

That is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#17 14 years ago

Then proove me wrong.

Ignorant, what every conservative becomes when he is winning an arguement with a liberal.

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#18 14 years ago

USMA2010Then proove me wrong.

Ignorant, what every conservative becomes when he is winning an arguement with a liberal.

No

YOU should prove all college teachers are hippies :rolleyes: . You don't win arguments by labbelling entire groups of individuals "hippies", "communists" or watever.

Relander

Ambassador

50 XP

8th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,538 Posts

0 Threads

#19 14 years ago

Well, like Komrad_B said: you have to prove first that all the professors (or majority of them) were actual hippies because you made the first claim. Furthermore, there were other people too who opposed the war in Vietnam, but still they weren't hippies with their flower shirts, guitars and mary jane pipes. Like I said in my earlier post:

"Only small minority of the Americans were actual hippies in 1960's & 1970's and not all of them smoked mary jane. Besides, people change and there are many right-wing professors in the USA too."

..."Don't judge the whole group because of actions of few".

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#20 14 years ago

So, does anyone know an American college professor who wasn't a hippie?

Wait, professors don't necessarily have to be old, have they? So if the particular professor was too young in the hippie-age, he couldn't have been one, don't you agree? Thus we have one or more professors not being old hippies, and the proof is complete. :naughty: