An interesting article about GOP "fixing" the results of the 2004 Election 26 replies

Please wait...

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#21 14 years ago
USMA2010Then proove me wrong.

I love what one of my professors said today:

"Yeah were are all bunch of liberal hooligans trying to get our students to smoke pot and have abortions".

:rofl:

Blood n Guts

Wolverine Starting 9/6/2006

50 XP

22nd March 2005

0 Uploads

758 Posts

0 Threads

#22 14 years ago

[COLOR=black]

GreatGrizzly[/COLOR][COLOR=black]The only way this can be stopped is getting rid of the Democratic and Republican party. Or at least giving both parties equal power.

You can't give them both equal power because you would be removing the will of the people. The government that is in office now was chosen by the people. The reason one side has more power than the other is because more people chose that side than the other. If you make the two parties equal in power, then you have removed the power of the majority to rule, and have given the minority more power per person. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black][/COLOR][COLOR=black]I don't like political parties because they cause a division within the government that creates inefficiency, however the problem with removing them completely is that parties have existed on a national level since the second term of George Washington, the drastic trauma of killing off parties would likely do more damage than good. I may not like them, but I don't have a problem with them if they are able to comprimise and get along sometimes.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]IMO, someone needs to smack both parties on the head. The Democrats lost the presidential election and are a minority in both houses of congress. They need to accept that and understand that, whether they like it or not, a majority of the US voted for the Republicans; they do not have a mandate from the people to try and block every piece of legislation or nomination that comes their way and should do what a minority party should do, argue with the issues and make input to compromise. Conversely the Republicans have to realize that even though they have a solid majority in congress and have the presidency, a good portion of the US still voted Democrat; they have to respect the right of the minority to have a say in issues, and realize that compromise is still necessary.[/COLOR]

NiteStryker

Biggest F-ing A-hole 2010

215,560 XP

24th April 2003

0 Uploads

18,771 Posts

0 Threads

#23 14 years ago

Democrats should stop whining and complaining about past elections and instead focus on who they will throw up in the future 2008 against Guliani or Rice.

Bush won, get over it. He not only won, but he won by moreso of a margin than in 2000. Bush wasnt great, its just that Kerry sucked royally.

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#24 14 years ago

Democrats always find some way to spew this kind of BS and get away with it. They just can't admit defeat, so listen to nite get over it and get someone well liked for 08'.

The democrats have always been getting away with stuff(rember all the poll rigging to keep blacks out of polls in the late 1800's?) and the republicans don't care. But if we do the smallest infraction or they get some vision of us doing something bad they come out of the woodwork at us.

Example, the thing with the majority leader. They dems have been doing what he did(getting donations directy from companies) for a long time and getting away with it.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/congress/july-dec05/delay_9-28.html

He was kind of stupid though, when they won in 2002 he said he did it with money from corprations.

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#25 14 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Democrats crying about the election is just as bad as Ken Starr wasting money and resources on the Clinton investigation.

Relander

Ambassador

50 XP

8th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,538 Posts

0 Threads

#26 14 years ago

Pethegreatâ„¢get over it and get someone well liked for 08'.[/quote] I concur.

It's a lot of Republicans' own fault if the Democrats get away with their frauds & misconductions, why not bring the issue on the table? You control the Congress, White House and Supreme Court, can't you act now?

[quote=Jeffro]I've said it before and I'll say it again. Democrats crying about the election is just as bad as Ken Starr wasting money and resources on the Clinton investigation.

Agreed.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#27 14 years ago

I seem to remember when Clinton won the elections there were Republican accusations that Clinton cheated and that his campaign was financed by the Chinese.

Suppose Democrats do win in 2008 and the Republicans start bringing up accusations that the Democrats cheated, I suppose then it will be OK to tell you to get over it?

Unlikely. I have no doubt the Republicans would use their traditional dominance in Congress to force a investigation.

I also seem to be the only one concerned that Bush and the Republicans are trying to set up a pro Republican Judicial and Legislative system. With a Republican Executive branch that makes a pro Republican goverment.

What would prevent them from forcing through legislation such as Patriot Act II? A bill which almost turns America into a Police State. The Bill was narrowly defeated but it hasnt been dropped, It is being rewritten and revised for anotehr comeback.

Whats to prevent a Republican Goverment from passing legislation and the Republican judiciary system to remove term limits on the Presidency. Bush has already admitteed to having his legal experts looking into what it would require to get teh 2 term limitation put into place.

Why do you suppose a two term limit was put into place? Checks and balances to keep one person or party from gaining too much power.

If the term limit is removed and Bush can stay in office as long as he can be voted in, in a system where the peoples votes already dont count and accusations are flying on both sides, how important is it then to ensure votes are legit? Why then would it be important to subvert the voting system to show favourable results to teh party you want in power?

Why is no one alarmed that Bush would even consider the act of removing one of the checks and balances.