A new sense of nuisance.

50 XP

8th December 2003

0 Uploads

12,881 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/immigration

w00t, Finally something I agree on with Bush . . . it's a start on preventing illegal immigrants, druggies, and criminals (I'm not creating a stereotype here) from entering the US. I don't like it how they enter the US and steal our jobs . . . It is obviously unfair to us. For the fact that some of the Americans are born, raised and set to get a job but instead an illegal immigrant enters the US in less than a month steals the opportunity of the American.

The only thing that I hate is the fact that Bush urges the congress to give the illegal immigrants instant citizenship. Why??

Those who oppose this, please elaborate with me! :)

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

The guys a toadie. He STILL hasnt taken a stand on anything yet. The clown is STILL pulling for the guest worker BS and is now trying to appeal to the other side of the issue by making a token contribution of troops along a vaguely definded border. The only people impressedd are people who are going to pay attention beyond the initial blurb. give it a month and most of those guardsmen wont even be armed or have authority to stop anything. all smoke and no fire in other words.

Locomotor

in spite of erosion

50 XP

13th May 2004

0 Uploads

3,490 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
Originally posted by Nusentinsaino The only thing that I hate is the fact that Bush urges the congress to give the illegal immigrants instant citizenship. Why??

While that's not exactly true, Bush's "Amnesty" (Despite how many times he denies it, it is amnesty.) is one of the things I'd like to see scrapped in favor of something a little less spineless. Roaming, the Guard troops won't be down there enforcing laws, they'll be helping build the new fence, installing security systems and the like. Bush also wants to up the 12,000 border patrol agents to 18,000 by 2008, which is where the extra enforcement will come from. Overall, while I think his bill needs some amendments, I'm really happy to see his proposals for replacing the "Green Card Lottery" and eliminating "Catch and Release". I wonder how much money he plans on putting into it, however. :uhm:

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

You're quite right Loco. I let the intial news take me by surprised before i had time to fully digest what was going on. The National Guard bit would get interesting in that it couldnt be used as enforcement anywho (Posse Comitus Act and all that). It may be a small step but you got to start somewhere. 2nd you on the Amnesty thing as well. the whole point of limiting illegal immigration is to curb abuses by business which employ them to some extent. by keeping these guys around in a manner which precludes guaranteed wage minimums, the nation is shooting itself in the foot.

WarHawk109

From the Austrian School

50 XP

21st July 2003

0 Uploads

2,926 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

i think illegal immigrants should be allowed in the country as long as they agree to work cheaply.

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago
WarHawk109i think illegal immigrants should be allowed in the country as long as they agree to work cheaply.

way to jank the economy. Why do you hate freedom?(j/k)

WarHawk109

From the Austrian School

50 XP

21st July 2003

0 Uploads

2,926 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

cheap labour is great for the economy!

Nostradamouse

The Arrogant French Prick

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

4,501 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
WarHawk109cheap labour is great for the economy!

Good for the companies, yes, but good for people in general? Let me doubt

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
WarHawk109cheap labour is great for the economy!

So was slavery. 6,000 is a start. From what I understand, they will be the engineers and UAV pilots and crew. As time goes on, I'd like to see these numbers increase. At the very least, time in the field down there helps these National Guard guys get a slight taste of military life.

Joe Bonham

Quetron's alt account

50 XP

10th December 2005

0 Uploads

6,894 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

He took the "Middle Ground" (AKA - be a little worm and refuse to make a stance on the issue)