Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Was debating on making this thread or not, but since the movement is gaining momentum, I figured why not.

"Calexit" or "#calexit" is a movement run by the Yes California organisation. It's not a new concept as such, but rather an old sentiment born of the feeling that California as a state is often overheard or carries the other 49 states of the US. This was only amplified after the landslide victory by the Democratic Party in 2016, giving the movement more momentum.

The "Yes California" movement, backed by super angel investor Shervin Pishevar, seeks independence for the state of California. California has a population larger than some major European countries, and is one of the most powerful economies in the world, so it would definitely be able to stand on its own.

They aim to put it on the ballot in 2019, but the question is whether the federal government is going to allow this or not.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,310 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,846 Posts

213 Threads

#2 1 year ago

With Donald Trump's rise to power, I would not be surprised.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I know America's running joke is to sell California back to Mexico. So I can see how this would happen.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Oh god the hippies are at it again...

If I was trump just let them leave then bomb the shit out of them.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Steampoweredcat

Registered Loser

50 XP

12th July 2016

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Without California the Democrats would never again hold the executive office.

"When I die, I want to go in my sleep just like my Grandpa did. Not screaming like all the people on his plane."

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,815 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#6 1 year ago

Looks like the Russians understand the whole divide et impera concept pretty well. It is a long shot, but a little hacking and a little funding for such groups can go a long way.