Roarthealmighty

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

1,635 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/ Is this a good thing? The auto-matic weapons ban has expired, and has not been signed again.

V0rtex

Thread hijacks: 1

50 XP

26th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,324 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Wait, are you asking if the automatics ban is a good thing, or it expiring is a good thing? :confused: If you mean the automatic ban expiring is a good thing, then I vote no for reasons I mention in a thread in the Political forum.

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

woah... this means i can legally fire my friends ak-47 now.... awesome...

Pieper

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I think its a good thing that the ban expired. It was a nice little experiment but its 10 years were up and it had little to show but the North Hollywood Shootout, Colombine tragedy, and Beltway snipers. If the ban worked those incidents shouldn't have happened. If it worked, I shouldn't have been able to go to a gun show and buy a WASR-10(Romanian AK knock off with a name change to get by regulations) with a 20 rnd mag, 30 rnd mag, and over 100 rnds of ammunition all within BATF regulations for $400. I wouldn't see pre-ban AR-15s with all the evil features grandfathered in, that will supposedly flood the streets even though they've been available for sale the whole time albeit at a higher price.

The only reason there would be an abundance of such firearms is because manufacturer's saw the ban coming and kicked production into high gear making sure there were plenty of to go around after it took affect. If someone draws up another version of the same ban, it'll happen again and at the end of the day I can still get the supposedly banned firearm for a few peanuts more or the cheaper loophole version that provides the same bang without a choice of customizable features.

The only real change that is gonna happen because of the expiration will be the marketing of hi-cap magazines and a lowering of prices on once pre-ban firearms as well as a devaluation of someone's collection. If someone decides to go on a rampage it won't be any different than how such things went even with the ban in place. Honestly in 1997, we saw 2 guys in one of the strictest gun control states hold off LEOs with illegally modified weapons that were supposed to be banned and "kept off the streets." Wasn't the whole point of the AW ban to prevent that especially in a state that endorses such strict gun control measures?

Dreadnought[DK] VIP Member

Grumpy Admin

202,715 XP

7th March 2003

0 Uploads

19,294 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

woohoo, let us wager a war on terrorism but allow everybody to legally buy an AK-47. wtf is wrong when a country allow ordinary citizens to buy assault weapons and guns? this is the 21st century. you don't need a citizen militia anymore. the US ahs the largest number of gun deaths. the right to protect yourself? ha!

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#6 14 years ago

These things are getting as numerous as Bush v Kerry / Iraq threads :uhm:. Any ban on guns is a good thing. Expiry of gun bans is a bad thing. Ergo, this is a bad thing.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 14 years ago

Yeah but the ban was virtually worthless. What people don't realize is that the banned guns that they talk about were not really that dangerous in the first place. All the evil guns that can kill crowds of people with a few clips are banned without an assault weapon ban. Basically the ban bans guns that are a "little" bit more dangerous then regular guns. It really doesn't do much. You are being led to believe otherwise.

Dreadnought[DK] VIP Member

Grumpy Admin

202,715 XP

7th March 2003

0 Uploads

19,294 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
X-CWhat people don't realize is that the banned guns that they talk about were not really that dangerous in the first place.

*no comment needed*

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,406 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,654 Posts

779 Threads

#9 14 years ago
'Dreadnought[DK']*no comment needed*

:lol:

Lt. Valentine