Sadim-Al-Bouncer

shaken - not stirred

50 XP

9th June 2009

0 Uploads

8,262 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Many of you have probably seen the 2012 movie trailer or have seen that the ancient Mayan prophecy states that on December 21st, 2012 the world will end, allthough it is not clear HOW it will happen. My question is do you believe the world will end on that day? If so how do you think it will happen? Disease? Nukes? Aliens? Some divine thing? Death Star?

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

End of the world prophecies are a dime a dozen, I'll believe it when i feel the heat.

Schofield VIP Member

om :A

319,554 XP

24th October 2007

1 Uploads

30,539 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago
Mr.Bouncer;4958049Many of you have probably seen the 2012 movie trailer or have seen that the ancient Mayan prophecy states that on December 21st, 2012 the world will end, allthough it is not clear HOW it will happen. My question is do you believe the world will end on that day? If so how do you think it will happen? Disease? Nukes? Aliens? Some divine thing? Death Star?

Everything that has a beginning has an end. Like it or not, a disease, or maybe something to do with weather, is most likely going to come by one day and wipe a lot of us out to get the earth back to a healthier state than it is at now. There are tons of these end of the world type things, Y2K was one of them, that never happened. Ok, isn't it called "Doomsday 2012?" That doesn't mean the world will end, something major could happen, North America could split apart, sending Canada into the North, pushing the North away and cluster f*cking everything we know. That;s an interesting thought. :p The only reason so many people believe in it is because the date is still ahead of us, AKA, fearing the unknown. Now, do I believe in it? Hmmm, yes and no combined, I believe something could happen on 2012, it could be another 9/11, but I highly doubt the Earth will go away. Their is no reason why it would, then again, there isn't really a reason for the existance of our planet, that we know of.

Adrian Ţrumpeş Forum Mod

I LOVE TRUMP

261,088 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,713 Posts

1,753 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Man, this is a pretty hard question to answer. I agree with most of what Schofield said. I'm a Christian so I believe that world will end and that God will create a new one, and I know a lot of my fellow Christians have said/claimed that something will happen at some certain point in time, for example: two evangelists said not long ago that something very drastic that is directly related to the end times will happen in December of 2008, or early in 2009; however, nothing as drastic as they claim has happened. And, I don't expect you to believe this of course, nor would I try to convince you to believe it, but as a Christian I don't believe we should worry about when the world will end. As it says in the book of Matthew: "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 9 years ago

I too am a Christian but I probably would still be on the lookout a bit for anything unusual leading up that day

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,262 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,138 Posts

5 Threads

#6 9 years ago

In every measurable way our science is superior to theirs. It seems unlikely to me that a civilisation with a fraction of our technological and industrial resources could predict the end of the world with such accuracy and yet we would be oblivious of it.

Sadim-Al-Bouncer

shaken - not stirred

50 XP

9th June 2009

0 Uploads

8,262 Posts

0 Threads

#7 9 years ago

Their calenders are actually more accurate then ours, just throwing that out there.

Tas

Serious business brigade

50 XP

4th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,275 Posts

0 Threads

#8 9 years ago

It's all a bunch of contrived fear mongering like all doomsday prophecies.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,262 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,138 Posts

5 Threads

#9 9 years ago
Mr.Bouncer;4958087Their calenders are actually more accurate then ours, just throwing that out there.

More accurate at what? A calendar is just a way of describing the passage of time with reference to some repetitive or predictable event. So make your event the decay rate of an isotope, the vibration frequency of a crystal, or the pattern of distant pulsars, and you’ve instantly got a far more accurate calendar than they ever had. Most calendars come from an agricultural use to predict the cycle of the seasons, in that sense they’re more accurate than the Gregorian calendar, by a degree of around .000036 of a day every year in terms of describing the seasons; but that hardly qualifies them to predict the end of the world.

Adrian Ţrumpeş Forum Mod

I LOVE TRUMP

261,088 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,713 Posts

1,753 Threads

#10 9 years ago

This is how I think of it ;)

maya_cartoon.JPG

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.