MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,016 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#1 2 years ago

...one week before the elections. Makes you wonder what kind of government position or bribe the head of the FBI was offered. I also wonder whether the Clinton campaign team was smart enough to save some ammo for the last stretch.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,404 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#2 2 years ago

The Clinton's are above the law. History has shown us this multiple times.

I don't expect anything to come of this before the election and even if it comes after, it'll be swept under the rug like everything else regardless of if she wins/loses.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,016 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Rich people and people with a lot of political influence are very often above the law, especially in the US. Clinton and Trump both exploit that fact.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if the Trump campaign are getting desperate and trying to bribe their way into office. They've already shown absolute disdain for democracy and the law.

That said, this isn't anything to do with the Clinton servers. That was just a Republican that made a hasty tweet. These emails are from an aide to Clinton, the wife of Anthony Weiner. Apparently the e-mails don't mention Clinton nor do they come from the server.

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Perhaps the fact that Clinton's emails are again the topic of discussion less than two weeks before the election is not the work of a corrupt FBI, but of a corrupt DNC who decided that the worst candidate in their party's history had to be their nominee for President come hell or high water. Perhaps by not factoring in the potential influence their announcement would have on the election result, the FBI is just being impartial, like it's supposed to.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 2 years ago
"Emperor Benedictine"Perhaps the fact that Clinton's emails are again the topic of discussion less than two weeks before the election is not the work of a corrupt FBI, but of a corrupt DNC who decided that the worst candidate in their party's history had to be their nominee for President come hell or high water. Perhaps by not factoring in the potential influence their announcement would have on the election result, the FBI is just being impartial, like it's supposed to.

... Read the topic. They're only the subject because of misinformation by a Republican representative. The emails in question aren't from the server, nor do they have anything to do with Clinton. 

I also think calling the FBI impartial when they're against Clinton, but corrupt when they dare clear them, is a bit hypocritical. Stick to one or the other. Don't flip-flop like some damn radical :p

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"Serio"... Read the topic. They're only the subject because of misinformation by a Republican representative. The emails in question aren't from the server, nor do they have anything to do with Clinton. 

That doesn't really provide me with any reason to believe that the Trump campaign bribed the Director of the FBI, does it?

I also think calling the FBI impartial when they're against Clinton, but corrupt when they dare clear them, is a bit hypocritical. Stick to one or the other. Don't flip-flop like some damn radical :p

And when did I say they were corrupt for clearing them? Do you have any more fictional accusations to make while you're at it?

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#8 2 years ago

"Emperor Benedictine"That doesn't really provide me with any reason to believe that the Trump campaign bribed the Director of the FBI, does it?[/quote] I didn't say there was any evidence of that. I said I wouldn't be surprised. The man has encouraged voter fraud and intimidation. He's also known to embezzle, and a potential sex offender. Not a long shot that he might be willing to put bribes in a few places to get his way.

[quote="Emperor Benedictine"]And when did I say they were corrupt for clearing them? Do you have any more fictional accusations to make while you're at it?

Again, I didn't say you were. It's a generalized statement. I've seen others go "FBI IS SO GLORIOUS GOING AFTER HILLARY" but then stopping up and calling the FBI corrupt when they clear them. 

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#9 2 years ago

Neither of the candidates have exactly covered themselves in glory during this campaign. It's at the point where one has difficulty telling the difference between The Onion and the actual debates. You've got a madman and a liar, and neither of them are particularly good at hiding it.

Mind you, as far as the emails go we're talking about a failure that shouldn't have been possible. If you've got sensitive information in your email system why in god's name can you send that information to an arbitrary server?

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#10 2 years ago

"Nemmerle"Neither of the candidates have exactly covered themselves in glory during this campaign. It's at the point where one has difficulty telling the difference between The Onion and the actual debates. You've got a madman and a liar, and neither of them are particularly good at hiding it.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Clinton, either, but she'd do a heck of a lot less damage than Trump. I only got genuinely concerned once I started digging into Trump's past. The man's a pathological liar and a creep. Never worked a day in his life, and all his fame is from a reality TV show. Add to that his threats of imposing strict press laws on par with Turkey and China, and imprisoning his political opponents, and there's no bloody way he should be allowed anywhere near the big red button.

[quote="Nemmerle"]Mind you, as far as the emails go we're talking about a failure that shouldn't have been possible. If you've got sensitive information in your email system why in god's name can you send that information to an arbitrary server?

It is a bit odd, to be fair. You'd imagine someone with as much experience with the system as Clinton would know not to handle information like that. Worst case? Gross incompetence. Even if Clinton ends up winning, there's no way the debate ends. It won't end until the RNC's demand that the server be made public is fulfilled, which... Will likely never happen.