20th July 2008

0 Uploads

4,479 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Has anybody else been following this?

It's brutal.

"Gramps, I think we lost our city"

“They call it the beast, this fire, because there is so much fuel for it to feed on,” Murphy said on board the plane Saturday evening. “Everything is just so tinder dry. Looking at images of people driving through the streets, with flames on each sides, cinders falling all around, I just can’t imagine.”

fort-mcurray.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x722.jpg

It seriously looks like an Armageddon movie.

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

44,933 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,256 Posts

93 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I just started hearing about it today...apparently it's likely to keep burning for a while?

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago
Lysdestic I just started hearing about it today...apparently it's likely to keep burning for a while?

I saw estimates ranging into months. There's no amount of manpower that can put it out now. Only nature can, and there's no rainfall forecasted for a very long time.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,396 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Fucking hell, that photo looks like the end of the world. :/

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago
Antilles VIP Member

The Imaginative

114,272 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

9,726 Posts

1 Threads

#6 2 years ago

That Photo really doesn't do it justice...

Here's some dashcam videos from during the evacuation. Some photos of the aftermath from an RCMP patrol. 

The photos coming out of the aftermath too, with a house here still standing while everything around it is gone, or a car seemingly untouched while teh one behind it is a sell just go to prove how fickle and unpredictable the fire is. There's no real sense of rhyme or reason as to why those are still standing or there when everything else is gone. While those that remain seemingly untouched will be torn down anyways it's just so... odd to see them untouched.

I've been through a number of fires in my region now too, literally all you can do is hope the weather helps because in some cases, that's all that can keep it from burning down the entire area or nothing getting damaged at all.

Garruscopy.png

Zapex

Advanced Member (I can dream, alright?)

51 XP

20th July 2008

0 Uploads

4,479 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

Yeah. Hopefully we get some massive rain in Alberta soon, or else it's just gunna keep burning.