So... was listening to the Radio whilst at work yesterday, and it is one of those Radio Stations that actually do more talking than they do play Music. Anyway, one of the conversations they were having was about everyday rules, that everyone should abide by via simple common sense. I've listed a few below. Would like to know what other people think, and if any are dissagreed with, it wouldn't hurt for people to state why, and then maybe give a reason? Anyway...
- Indicating when Driving - Far too few people don't indicate when driving. Stopping at a junction, coming off roundabouts. All it takes is a quick flick of a switch, and everyone else can see exactly what your plan is.
- Squeezing from the end of the Toothpaste, not the middle. So, something rather simple, and not all that hard to do here. In addition to which, at the end, it makes it easier for everyone else.
- Littering next to Bins - People who throw rubbish to the ground when there is a Bin close by. Seriously lazy one would have to say, it is the only logical explanation. If someone can't walk over to a Bin and put rubbish into it, then they've got some serious issues.
- Consideration at Night - Sometimes, you'll get people who, after a night out, turn up home, and make a noise. My brother is a prime example, he'll bang doors shut, turn on all the lights, and on occasion, wake someone else up. Because quietly locating where you need to go without putting on all the lights in the house is too complicated?
- Empty Cartons - It really annoys me, when people finish something, be it a bottle of orange squash, or a bottle of shampoo, and instead of putting it in the Bin, they leave it lying around somewhere... Why? :mad:
There were some more I thought of earlier, though I can't remember them now... I'm sure they'll come to me at some point, and I'll post them then. Please do share yours.
these seem like pet peeves. I agree with them but really what can you do. I've never littered in my life but I can't control what people do. The inescapble conclusion is that most of humanity is hopelessly selfish and lazy and will never give a crap about anything worth giving a crap about.
I didn't make it!
Parking spaces outside apartments. There are spaces, for three apartments here. This does NOT mean you can invited all your buddies in their freaking huge Ford F-150 Trucks around to watch the game or whatever you do (since we see different cars on an almost daily basis), and force me and my heavily pregnant wife to walk 300 yards and take up someone elses parking space further down the road just because you have the thoughtfulness and consideration of a concrete block. I am *this* close to permenantly sticking a cone outside or some other method of blocking one spot outside the apartment. I mean its not alot to ask is it? That you leave just one little spot for our tatty old minivan outside our apartment that we have just as much right to be in as you do. (Actually slightly more right, since we were the only people in our building not to get a notice on the door for not paying their rent on time last month, ha ha!) But as the above says, I guess people just don't care.
uhhh. I hate it when they leave empty cartons. My dad and me both love our our junk food(we have a 'Crap Cuboard' where all the buiscuits are). He will ALWAYS leave one buicuit left in the packet, so I have to put the packaging away. When I decide to not to take the buiscuit, he eventually will and decides to leave the packet there, anyway.
Voice of joy and sunshine
26th May 2003
Tycoon;4200633Indicating when Driving - Far too few people don't indicate when driving. Stopping at a junction, coming off roundabouts. All it takes is a quick flick of a switch, and everyone else can see exactly what your plan is.[/QUOTE]
Far too many people get into the habit of just signalling automatically and then manouvering without making sufficient obervations. You shouldn't signal every time you turn since that means like as not you haven't made enough observations, just when you need to indicate your direction to other road users.
[QUOTE=Tycoon;4200633]Empty Cartons - It really annoys me, when people finish something, be it a bottle of orange squash, or a bottle of shampoo, and instead of putting it in the Bin, they leave it lying around somewhere... Why? :mad:
Why not? My house my rules.
I agree with your list ash, and These are just some basic things people should do if they have any respect for each other.
*Don't listen to music while having a conversation with someone.
*Sorry to put this bluntly, but don't cock-block someone.
*I there is enough liquid (like orange juice or milk) for a glass that is a little above average size, don't pout an average size glass and leave an amount of liquid insufficient for a glass.
* Don't mooch off someone's breakfast.
*Don't flame someone's highly values possessions, such as their car, their computer ect. unless they have already said "I hate my (x) " or "My (x) is a piece of crap"
*If someone is happy, don't ruin the moment. Like, say your friend just got a brand new 360, don't say "it's going to break down"
*Don't talk on a cell phone while driving without that bluetooth stuff or a headset.
* Don't chew with your mouth open (it drives me insane)
* If are joking around with your friends, and you reach a sensitive topic, and someone tells you to stop talking about, have the courtesy to shut up.
Simple isn't it? And it can solve all of the world's problems.
As a pianist: DON'T come along and plonk the keys when someone is playing. That drives me absoloutly Insane. Some person at school ALWAYS comes along and starts playing Jaws (ooh, two notes. WOW) when I am playing.
as an online player when sharing routers. if you gonna get on the laptop do it when the round is over!