How do you want to die? 20 replies

Please wait...

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago

How do you want to die? How have you thought about it? How have you planned it?


Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg



Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#2 2 years ago

With most of my marbles and physical health intact. If I could be immortal, or barring that live a long time with few if any side-effects from ageing and then suffer a painless critical existence failure in my sleep, that would be ideal.

If I get some horrible disease, I'm thinking nitrogen asphyxiation. But other than that...




Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

"Nemmerle"With most of my marbles and physical health intact. If I could be immortal, or barring that live a long time with few if any side-effects from ageing and then suffer a painless critical existence failure in my sleep, that would be ideal.

If I get some horrible disease, I'm thinking nitrogen asphyxiation. But other than that...

Tell me more about nitrogen asphyxiation.


Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg



Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Preferably I die without pain or suffering, and even better would be if I do so before I become a complete wreck. My wife passed away much much too early but the way she passed away, almost instantly being comatized and declared brain dead, is not a bad way too go if you're unfortunate enough to meet your end.  I'll settle for dying in my sleep, and I wouldn't give a damn if I would wake up tomorrow.




Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#5 2 years ago
"Barbas"Tell me more about nitrogen asphyxiation.

Ah, that's something to be careful of if you're in a situation with any inert gas - nitrogen, helium, argon, methane; anything like that. Our lungs aren't sensitive to the presence or absence of oxygen in the gases we breathe, they're sensitive to whether it's caustic and of roughly the right density. If you breathe a physiologically inert gas, with little to no oxygen content in the mix, then you fairly rapidly pass out and subsequently are likely to die without intervention.

People in that situation don't necessarily realise they're in danger. Their ability to think starts to shut down because their brains aren't getting enough oxygen, and strictly speaking they're not in pain. So, yeah. That'd certainly be a way, if I couldn't get hold of a shit-ton of morphine or a gun or something like that.




Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Death by snu-snu of course.  Since I figured early on that I might as well get a last big "O" since I'm going to hell in a handbasket.


Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.



Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#7 2 years ago

"Barbas"

Tell me more about nitrogen asphyxiation.

Essentially, it's this, except at atmospheric pressure:

Spoiler: Show

If I knew I had less than a 1% probability of surviving and a 99% probability of feeling severe pain and mental degradation as I die over the course of a few months, I'd go for a quick death. I'd like to say I'd go out doing something interesting, or after having lived a happy, fulfilling life, but at the end of the day, it's not something I like to contemplate. But if it comes down to being a significant burden to someone else to stay alive, please, someone hire a hit man and take the burden off my loved ones' shoulders.

A short, extremely painful death is something I've wondered about. If you spend the last 5 minutes of your life burning to death, the only ones who are really going to remember are the ones who witnessed the suffering. So having a painless death is only a comfort to those with the knowledge that you had a painless death. A painful death is only a burden to those who have the knowledge that you died a painful death.




Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Uhm..Barbas You're not thinking of suicide are you?

If so get some help.

This thread just gave me gosebumps since I've encountered plenty of similar threads like this before and it sometimes go sideways for the OP.

On one forum I used to frequent, the girl just ended up being a born again christian (I shit you not) and on another the guy sadly offed himself. (Seems he was fishing for tips on how to commit suicide in the most painless way possible)


Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.



Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

I have planned it.

I will die for my Emperor! Surrounded by dead Filthy  xenos and Heretics...on some forgotten worlds but my Brothers will know my deeds. Repent! For tomorrow you die!

but no I really haven't planned for my death..never will for death is not at my door step yet.


[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords



Aeia

Live with honor, die for justice!

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#10 2 years ago
"Primarch Vulkan"...but no I really haven't planned for my death..never will for death is not at my door step yet.

Hark! For the grim reaper's footsteps make no sound and his being leaves no shadow. You know not whether he is miles away or just standing behind your back, less than a footstep away.

Me? For something purposeful and positive. Saving some kids during a tsunami or helping victims escape during some terrorist attack. Something like that.