Teqila

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

29th June 2006

0 Uploads

427 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I don not think this ban will do anything to deter crimes commited with so called "assault weapons"* in the United States. FBI studies have shown the 1994 ban had no effect on the amount of "assault weapons" used by criminals. Should this be passed?

Here's the petition:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348

* A miltary style semi-automaic firearm. Also, any handgun with a magazine capacity of more the ten rounds. Search yourself for a more detailed explanation of the weapons to be banned by the bill.

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

People wonder why i spend all the cash i do on weapons and ammo. Its an investment. The day this bill passes is the day my stock jumps 300% in value. Buying an SKS for 150 bucks now and selling it for 400 bucks after the ban will be sweet. Not that i WANT the ban in place. Im just ready for when it passes.

Karst

I chose an eternity of this

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

4,505 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Even if some criminals can still get their hands on them, that doesn't mean that normal people need to be able to have them. An assault rifle is by definition not a self defense weapon (assault!), and i think it's a definetly good that not every petty gang thug can run around brandishing a Kalashnikov. Not that this will stop gun crimes in America, it's far too late for that.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

I want you to take a gun and place it on a table and make sure no one touches it. Then when the gun kills someone come and tell me.

I think that sums up how I feel about ANY gun ban.

DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

13th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Um...if you know the ban will have no effect, why do you guys care?

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,236 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,015 Posts

6 Threads

#6 12 years ago
Karst;3556477Even if some criminals can still get their hands on them, that doesn't mean that normal people need to be able to have them. An assault rifle is by definition not a self defense weapon (assault!), and i think it's a definetly good that not every petty gang thug can run around brandishing a Kalashnikov. Not that this will stop gun crimes in America, it's far too late for that.

:agreed Just read about the North-Hollywood shooting, it sounds more like a scene out of an action-movie or computergame than reality.

Karst

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

4,505 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Afterburner;3556490I want you to take a gun and place it on a table and make sure no one touches it. Then when the gun kills someone come and tell me.

I think that sums up how I feel about ANY gun ban.

I don't understand.

Also, i'm sure you would agree that the line has to be drawn somewhere. You probably wouldn't want tanks to be readily available to the public, probably no grenade launchers either, maybe no anti-material rifles, but where draw the line? As i said, an Assault rifle simply is not a self defense weapon, no one would need one to defend themselves, and it's freakishly easy to commit a massacre with one, i know i wouldn't want the average person my age to own such a weapon.

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Well its funny. Gangbangers arent gonna run around with an AK anyway. Too heavy and too expensive. Why spend 700 bucks on an AK that attracts attention when you can spend 200 on a cheap glock and rob people indescreetly. Its worth noting the only time an Assault Rifle has been used in the commission of a crime was when a police officer did it.

Im all for banning or limiting ownership/sales of handguns. THOSE bastards are whats killing everybody. not assault rifles and machineguns. The fact that the bill doesnt even BAN assault rifles is another point of contention with me. Its bans guns that LOOK militaristic. That means: SKS-vented hand guard, bayonet lug?! TEH EVIL!!! Mini 14 with twice the capacity and much more accurate? looks like a hunting gun, good to go. its retarded. If our country wants to enact legislation on guns, they should get people who actually know a little bit about them. Otherwise folks like me will just laugh at them all the way to the bank.

For what is worth I own: A number of AK clones More than a few HK clones some AR style toys but only 3 pistols. Waiting for the ban to pass so i can sell most of this stuff.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 12 years ago

Karst;3556501I don't understand.

Also, i'm sure you would agree that the line has to be drawn somewhere. You probably wouldn't want tanks to be readily available to the public, probably no grenade launchers either, maybe no anti-material rifles, but where draw the line?

I would draw the line at explosives. This means grenades, bombs, and tank rounds(though it sohuld be perfectly legal to own the tank itself, the gun just needs to be plugged.) Anti material guns are fine. I would like to see you try to use a .50cal sniper rifle in a crime, you would barely get it out of your house before the cops eitehr busted your ass or at the veyr least kept an eye on you.

As i said, an Assault rifle simply is not a self defense weapon, no one would need one to defend themselves, and it's freakishly easy to commit a massacre with one, i know i wouldn't want the average person my age to own such a weapon.

Sure it's a self defense weapon. To defend yourself against the government which is the intention of the 2nd amendment. Of course that isn't even really the reason I don't want to see an assualt rifle ban. Assualt rifles are fun, that's why.

Cars kill a hell of alot mroe people then guns int he U.S. Ban cars.

Karst

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

4,505 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
Afterburner;3556520Sure it's a self defense weapon. To defend yourself against the government which is the intention of the 2nd amendment. Of course that isn't even really the reason I don't want to see an assualt rifle ban. Assualt rifles are fun, that's why.

Having an assault rifle will help nothing against a corrupt dicatorship, if they have the support of the military then owning an M16 will not help you, if they don't, then they can't really do much anyway. Furthermore, the chance that upstanding civilians will need an assault rifle in open revolt is somewhat less likely than criminals or lunatics will use them to kill. And i'm well aware that a lot of people -most people in fact- who own assault rifles are law-abiding, normal people, but some....well those that aren't, those are trouble.

Cars kill a hell of alot mroe people then guns int he U.S. Ban cars.

I'm all for it. One of the most common causes of preventable deaths, polluting, noisy....