Not every unbeliever average joe can understand the Bible. I doubt Cataphract even read it.
You'd be wrong. :smokin:
cataphract you know well enough what i meant, why is islam so popular you ask? maybe because the population is greater, maybe because more parents taught there kids and the kids believe, there are tons of reasons, and its not like the realigion with the most people is the true one.
But my question is, if God sees evil (as you say, believing in Islam) and does nothing, is he really a God? It's not like God just "went away." He witnesses all.
he sees the evil yes, but yet he does not stop it because he wants to see what his people will do, if there was no evil in the world then the world would be perfect right? but God chose to put evil into the world for the reason to see who will follow Him and who will do evil, we do not know everything but he did put evil in for a reason, remember the story of Adam and Eve? thats when sin and evil entered the world.
This the same old "God does not want robots" argument I've heard hundreds of times before.
- God knows who will do evil and who will not, because he is omniscient. He doesn't need to "wait to find out."
- Do you honestly think there have been humans in history who have not done evil? Every human being is equally flawed in God's eyes.
- To believe that Adam and Eve actually happened is naive. It's just a story. If it were true, why wouldn't God just create humans the way they are now? And if Adam were created perfect and without sin, then how could he ever disobey God and eat of the apple? Why would God let him eat it? God seems to have willingly let him do evil.
- God has no free will, so how can he expect humans to have free will? Humans do not "choose" not to do evil...their inclination and their actions are directly caused by predetermined events.
- It's not necessary to have free will in order to "love". Love is just an emotion, a feeling.
lol this is merging into that other thread "hey atheists, prove that god doesnt exist." I bet the same links will be posted an so on.
I would die without GF
29th November 2003
Actually, no. Cataphract has made his point quite well known that he is starting his own religion, and that his own business. We need not have two threads in the forums whose discussion is so very similar.
Let's take it to this thread please. That thread will be used as the primary one for religious discussion.