Mitch Connor

Spamulous Spamitopian

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

6,095 Posts

0 Threads

#41 11 years ago
If you'd like, ill give you something much better. All the children, men, and women killed by American Soldiers. Homes, schools, and monuments blown up by American airstrikes. A mind boggling statistic, that is the Iraqi death toll. What I can't give you, is as little as a list of names of all the civilians murdered by our heroes.

Wow, so you think all of our Armed Forces is just a bunch of thugs and murders? Yeah, they wake up everyday and say "How many innocent Iraqis/Afghans can I kill today out of absolutely no reason?" That would definitely get you Court Marshaled and you would be sent to prison. Most of the incidents where Iraqi/Afghan civilians are killed is when we bomb an area and it's kind of hard to be extremely accurate when your payload sprays debris everywhere. So no, it isn't fair to call our soldiers murders because they aren't they're just people like you and me doing their everyday job.

Razgriz1928

Strength Through Progress

50 XP

26th October 2007

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#42 11 years ago
Metall_pingwin;4623528What I can't give you, is as little as a list of names of all the civilians murdered by our heroes.

So if you can't give us this list then how do you know its true?

masked_marsoe Advanced Member

Heaven's gonna burn your eyes

50 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

8,063 Posts

0 Threads

#43 11 years ago
Ronald_Jesch;4623353Remind me when a colonial soldier shot and killed a British civilian? When did they blow up a British monument? They didn't, at least not intentionally. Americans didn't try to inspire fear into British civilians, they fought against the British military and government, not innocent people.

Tell that to the people who were covered in boiling tar for supporting their nation, or executed, or looted, their homes burned, or to the hundred thousand or more who fled the revolution, and the tens of thousands who wished to but couldn't.

Mitch Connor

Spamulous Spamitopian

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

6,095 Posts

0 Threads

#44 11 years ago
Tell that to the people who were covered in boiling tar for supporting their nation, or executed, or looted, their homes burned, or to the hundred thousand or more who fled the revolution, and the tens of thousands who wished to but couldn't.

Tu Shae (probably spelled that wrong, sorry), but couldn't the same be said for every revolution? The French Revolution was much more violent in terms of civilian lives lost. But I still don't think this classifies them as terrorists. They did it as a protest of British rule, not entirely for religious radical reasons.

And your statement makes the American Revolution sound like a great travesty against the British. No offense, but they had it coming after Boston and making us serve in the French and Indian War and not giving a damn about us after we served for them.

GuineaPig

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

505 Posts

0 Threads

#45 11 years ago

Ronald_Jesch;4624322Tu Shae (probably spelled that wrong, sorry), but couldn't the same be said for every revolution? The French Revolution was much more violent in terms of civilian lives lost. But I still don't think this classifies them as terrorists. They did it as a protest of British rule, not entirely for religious radical reasons.

And your statement makes the American Revolution sound like a great travesty against the British. No offense, but they had it coming after Boston and making us serve in the French and Indian War and not giving a damn about us after we served for them.

I think you've got it the other way around. Britain bore the financial burdens of deploying over 50,000 soldiers to the Americas, of helping arm and organize local militias and regiments, and of conquering all of French North America, which were all things the 13 Colonies wanted. And then when they tried to issue paltry amounts of taxes to help cover the massive cost, the 13 Colonies revolted.

Vasili

Lurking.

108,260 XP

2nd October 2006

0 Uploads

10,426 Posts

0 Threads

#46 11 years ago
Ronald_Jesch;4624322 And your statement makes the American Revolution sound like a great travesty against the British. No offense, but they had it coming after Boston and making us serve in the French and Indian War and not giving a damn about us after we served for them.

If it wasn't for the British, you'd be speaking French.

Mr. Pedantic

I would die without GF

234,620 XP

8th October 2006

0 Uploads

23,127 Posts

0 Threads

#47 11 years ago

Some of the Canadians do. And they're doing all right.

Tu Shae

Touché...

Dot Com

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2000

0 Uploads

6,116 Posts

0 Threads

#48 11 years ago
Vasili;4624469If it wasn't for the British, you'd be speaking French.

We could have had bohemians and classy architecture.

Mitch Connor

Spamulous Spamitopian

50 XP

7th August 2008

0 Uploads

6,095 Posts

0 Threads

#49 11 years ago

And if it wasn't for us the French would be speaking German but now I'm just splitting hairs.

Ok so maybe I was wrong on the French and Indian War part but for the most part America wasn't in the wrong. But how does this relate to the topic?

I probably would have done the same thing as Bush except cut out Iraq.

Vasili

Lurking.

108,260 XP

2nd October 2006

0 Uploads

10,426 Posts

0 Threads

#50 11 years ago
Mr. Pedantic;4624539Some of the Canadians do. And they're doing all right[/quote] You know, one thing I've noticed from you Pedantic is that you don't sense irony or sarcasum alot =p
Jeffro;4624548We could have had bohemians and classy architecture.
We've got that too. [quote=Ronald_Jesch;4624571]And if it wasn't for us the French would be speaking German

You can obviously see why I said it then?