Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,474 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#1 1 year ago

It's official: The 45th president of the United States is Donald J. Trump with vice president Mike Pence.  I can't say I'm happy about it, but I hope he does a good job and doesn't completely ruin us.  I will say, however, he did deliver a mostly well-done speech with some inspiring sentiments.  The only question is how close will he adhere to his promise to make America a great place for all people?  Either way, we'll just have to remain steadfast and do our best to make our own countries as great as they possibly can be.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,766 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,399 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

A disturbingly large group of anti-male feminists are planning to spend the weekend protesting at the National Mall, as if they think that is going to change the election.

I hate Trump as much as an American would, and should, but I was almost wanting this inauguration to go ahead and happen, just so America can finally tell these anti-male feminists to shut up already.

Their problem is that they are voting for the gender, and not the candidate, which is completely the WRONG way to vote. If you listen to Clinton talking about why she is qualified, she kept saying "Because I'm a woman. Because I'm a woman. Because I'm a woman." Seriously? Being a man, or being a woman, this does not make you qualified to do anything, much less be President.

If you want a woman President, nominate a COMPETENT candidate. For that matter, America needs to learn how to nominate competent candidates anyway. America has not had a single good President since JFK.

In any case, if the Republicans had brought anyone else against Clinton, literally anyone else, they would have cake-walked this election. Just like if the Democrats had brought anyone else against Trump, literally anyone else, they would have cake-walked this election. Instead, it just a battle between Dumb and Dumber, and no matter who wins, everyone loses.

In any case, Trump won the election, so he is the President. America needs to grow up, accept the facts, and learn from their mistake. With any hope, they will elect a competent candidate in the next election.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,474 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 1 year ago
"Lindale" For that matter, America needs to learn how to nominate competent candidates anyway. America has not had a single good President since JFK.

A million times yes.  People who want a democracy don't care enough to educate themselves on the issues and people who want a republic don't know enough about their candidates to know if they're qualified.  The fact that people chose Trump on the fact that he speaks his mind and "relates" to the common man (god knows how), or the fact that Clinton wasn't Trump...well....we need to do a better job of teaching civics in schools.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,814 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Should be interesting. An important aspect for Europe would be, if Trump follows up on his threats, that we finally have to take care of our own security. That would be a good thing, but it will also open a gap for Trump's pal Putin to grab some more land.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,766 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,399 Posts

2 Threads

#5 1 year ago

In one of Trump's speeches, he actually said that the reason China does not have any Mexicans is because they have a giant wall. Really? This is who America wants as President?

In any case, a wall is never going to keep anyone out, because they will just build ladders. As for the border of Mexico, a wall is a waste of money because the place is littered with tunnels. Spend billions of dollars on a giant wall, but the Mexicans will just go under it, like they have been for decades.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#6 1 year ago

Perhaps watching Obama's legacy steadily consigned to oblivion over the next four years will motivate the Democrats to drop the identity politics and the smarmy Hollywood liberal nonsense and run a more worthy candidate in 2020. But realistically, I don't see that happening without a Trump-style coup taking place within their own ranks.

It really is astonishing how quickly the edifice of mainstream politics, that seemed so immutable and impervious just a couple of years ago, is falling to pieces.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,814 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#7 1 year ago

"Lindale"A disturbingly large group of anti-male feminists are planning to spend the weekend protesting at the National Mall, as if they think that is going to change the election.

I hate Trump as much as an American would, and should, but I was almost wanting this inauguration to go ahead and happen, just so America can finally tell these anti-male feminists to shut up already.

Their problem is that they are voting for the gender, and not the candidate, which is completely the WRONG way to vote. If you listen to Clinton talking about why she is qualified, she kept saying "Because I'm a woman. Because I'm a woman. Because I'm a woman." Seriously? Being a man, or being a woman, this does not make you qualified to do anything, much less be President.

If you want a woman President, nominate a COMPETENT candidate. For that matter, America needs to learn how to nominate competent candidates anyway. America has not had a single good President since JFK.

Chances are that those protesters are there to protest Trump's behvior towards women: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2017/01/20/man-boasts-sexual-assault-later-inaugurated-45th-president-of-united-states/#39dcac0d2f2a

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#8 1 year ago
"MrFancypants" Chances are that those protesters are there to protest Trump's behvior towards women: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2017/01/20/man-boasts-sexual-assault-later-inaugurated-45th-president-of-united-states/#39dcac0d2f2a

Jesus, I'd read and heard bits of that tape, but not the full quote. I wonder how he'd react if a man walked up to him, grabbed him by the balls and hit on him. Bet you he'd change his tone immediately.

Also, he quoted Bane during his inauguration speech. Bane. The guy that tries to nuke a city. Usually, people quote heroes not villains

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,278 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,845 Posts

213 Threads

#9 1 year ago

Just watched the inauguration speech. The version I found was pretty good:

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,291 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,141 Posts

5 Threads

#10 1 year ago

I don't think it will be as bad as people might think.

Simultaneously, I'm not sure there's any great mystery to it.

The overwhelming impression I get, talking to people post-brexit and talking to some of my older American friends is that a lot of people are tired and pissed off. People are tired of a left-wing politics that offers absolutely nothing to them, and they're very pissed off that it seems to simultaneously define anyone who shares an off-color joke as a little to the right of Hitler.

If you're not some sort of Mocha-latte sipping, pinky finger posing, nancy boy in an American city, what have you seen over the last ten to twenty years? You've seen the loss of opportunity for anyone who's not an intellectual, you've seen the devastation of rural industries, you've seen not only the forced rejection of, but the vilification of anyone who holds that, something like biological gender constitutes the determinate labelling system.

And I'm not saying that makes you right in those beliefs, or that Trump offers a return to older success structures, or anything like that. I think Trump is a business man out for him and his class - and if you think someone who's spent his life screwing the poor is going to turn over a whole new leaf you need your head examined. But I am saying that culture and expectations are elastic, - and if you pull them far enough they'll snap back at you. Democracy isn't about utopia, it's about living with and profiting alongside people who are very different; many of who hate your guts; and making what peace you can with that rather than trying to change it by mandate.

The left has offered little to nothing to the voters outside of over-educated Mocha-latte sipping, pinky finger posing, nancy boys in America's cities. In that regard it got exactly what it paid for when it came to the polls. I mean really, other than that Hillary wasn't Trump, why would you have voted for her?

Trump's a slimy disgusting thug. But he put something on the table for people outside of that group. After twenty years of little but mutterings about the glories of free trade (while your jobs vanish) and acceptance and all that shit, (and how terrible you are if you dare say anything that signals otherwise,) that's going to be a damned tempting offer even to people who might previously have held to a more moderate stance. After all, people already define you as some sort of extreme bigot, you may as well try to attend the extreme-bigot's parties and pick up a goodie bag.