MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Yesterday a Syrian refugee blew himself up in a town not far from Nuremberg, injuring 15 people. Seems he pledged allegiance to IS. He wanted to kill people at a music festival but was stopped by security. In a video the attacker (the only person to die in the explosion) claimed he had to attack because Germany "obstructs Islam".

The terrorist was known to police as he was involved in drug-related crimes and tried to commit suicide twice before. He requested asylum in Germany, which was denied. However, as is often the case, his stay was "tolerated", that is despite his denied asylum request he was not sent back to the country where he first registered as refugee.

I guess we got lucky again (3 people are still in critical condition though). However, it is very likely that with all these attacks right-wing parties will be able to further expand their foothold in German politics.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago
 it is very likely that with all these attacks right-wing parties will be able to further expand their foothold in German politics

This a very astute analysis. I also find this particularly depressing considering it was right wing neo-conservatives who conspired to create the circumstances that led directly to the rise of Islamic State and pushed people in the middle east into the hands of the extremists.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Unfortunately, this will only fuel neo-fascists and ultranationalists. A lot of the fearful masses get driven into the hands of the neo-fascist groups like UKIP or the BNP in the UK, or ultranationalist movements like PEGIDA. Masses that, because of their fear, can be manipulated with charismatic speeches and promises about safety, if only we give up a few of our liberties and a little bit of our progress. 

I'm not someone who is blind to the problems here. We can't sustain an indefinite refugee crisis, but there are far better solutions than segregation and alienation. It didn't work in the United States in the 50s, so why the hell would it work in Europe in 2016? 

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

No one's asking for segregation, only common sense. (Better Vetting, Proper profiling and not all this free-for all kumbaya bullcrap)

The only ones I see asking for segregation are people calling for their "Safe spaces".  Oh and the people you invited in also love segregating the men from the women. Loves treating their women like chattel etc etc.

So yeah progress.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Given the age and methods of the last number of attackers some come if not most come across too me to being troubled young men who were already deeply frustrated over various things and used the whole religion crap as an excuse, buying into some silly story that 'the west'  , 'jews and christans' or 'anti muslims' or whatever are to blame. Not the classic type of more or less sane radicals making an informed choice which they'd also make if postponed by a few years.  Putting these last few nutters in the same ballpark as the nutties who did school or mall shootings for whatever other silly reason.  Dangerous, horrible, and now with 'terrorism' as an excuse. But it's laughable and counterproductive to portray them as (IS) soldier or such. 

And looking at the wider picture, dispite the horrors and sad loss of lifes... the number of innocents victems is very small compared to the victems caused by things as the illegal in Iraq to name one...  We're taking relatively small damage compared to that, and also knowing that small scale shootouts will always be around, I can't say i feel truely worried or terrified. Too much media attention, playing into fears and making those IS nutters believe they are actually achieving something. THat's not the right way in my book.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#6 2 years ago

"Lord Rumpuss V"No one's asking for segregation, only common sense. (Better Vetting, Proper profiling and not all this free-for all kumbaya bullcrap)

The only ones I see asking for segregation are people calling for their "Safe spaces".  Oh and the people you invited in also love segregating the men from the women. Loves treating their women like chattel etc etc.

So yeah progress.

None of that has stopped attacks in Australia or the United States, two of the most immigration unfriendly nations in the world. 

I get a slight feeling you're not particularly fond of liberalism or libertarianism :p

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#7 2 years ago

There seems to be incidents happening every day now, certainly things seem to be escalating.

Really worrying. :/

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Aeia

Live with honor, die for justice!

90 XP

3rd May 2016

0 Uploads

181 Posts

1 Threads

#8 2 years ago

"FileTrekker"There seems to be incidents happening every day now, certainly things seem to be escalating.

Really worrying. :/

We are reaping what our fathers and forefathers sowed for us, with their political and militaristic decisions. The karma has returned to bite us in neck. And it is only the beginning. Based on how the global powers are doing in order to "rectify" the crisis (use short-term measures to temporarily get rid of the problem. no worry if it returns later, with a vengeance), the future looks even bleaker. Be it wrt morality or population problem or environmental concerns or political crisis or terror attacks, we are going downhill day by day.

Was this how the dinosaur-world looked like, when the meteorite arrived from the sky?

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago
"Serio"I get a slight feeling you're not particularly fond of liberalism or libertarianism :p

First off  Liberalism is highly different form Libertarianism (Which I happen to be)  And since I'm too lazy to explain or post links here this is the layman's differentiation between the two: Liberals : All about the feels (Gun Control\ban  Free love, free shit free drugs, big brother will take care of everything) Libertarians : Common sense (Smaller government influence Gun rights, gay rights and an end to the war on drugs (As far as Marijuana is concerned anyway).  The very reason you see Libertarians aligned with the conservatives in America (and to some extent Canada) than Liberals.

If you people really have a hard-on  for divursety why not vet them properly? Instead of taking them on wholesale including the Wahhabi types (These are the ones that are pro-jihad, kill the infidel and all the charming stuff you see happening in your EU. they just killed a priest in France btw) Why not properly vet them instead?  There are plenty of other smaller muslim sects in the middle east alone that are oppressed by these assholes for being the "Wrong" kind of Muslim. IE the Kurds, Azeri, Alawites etc.

The Kurds in Particular since I suspect after all this is said and done I'm pretty sure either Edry or one or both of those assholes running Iran right now will declare Kurdistan a "Rogue State".

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Libertarians are just anarchists that have read Atlas Shrugged.

It's an ideology that wants to do away with all policing. No border checks, no law, no regulation. It's literally the kind of thinking that caused the immigration crisis in the first place, and it's why very few people this side of the Atlantic actually support that kind of ideology.

Liberalism has nothing to do with people's "feels". It has to do with common sense and regulation. 

The Libertarian says, "We don't need regulations. The bottle maker will go out of business if they use toxic materials." The Liberal says, "We need regulations. The bottle maker will kill people if they use toxic materials."

Guess which ideology ends up with 2000 people dead before the bottle maker gets shut down.