More than 1,000 foreign prisoners in the UK released without deportation 12 replies

Please wait...

DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4946566.stm I don't know if it's big news elsewhere but it's pretty big news here. All I can say is that the government have obviously been doing it for ages but has finally admitted it and apologised. It's quite sickening to know that murderers and rapists don't get the sentance that they deserve. I believe that the foreign secretary should sort out the mess that he started and then resign afterwards.

enigma123456789

You will be Assimilated!

50 XP

14th March 2006

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago
DnChttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4946566.stm I don't know if it's big news elsewhere but it's pretty big news here. All I can say is that the government have obviously been doing it for ages but has finally admitted it and apologised. It's quite sickening to know that murderers and rapists don't get the sentance that they deserve. I believe that the foreign secretary should sort out the mess that he started and then resign afterwards.

Malfeasance in Office: that covers it very well, what country is of no concern its the act that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malfeasance_in_office

resign, he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I find it odd. They should not only get deported from England but the whole European Union. We don't want that trash here.

DnC

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
enigma123456789 resign, he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

AKA resign. You can't charge someone for that. Unfortunately.

enigma123456789

You will be Assimilated!

50 XP

14th March 2006

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
DnCAKA resign. You can't charge someone for that. Unfortunately.

I don't know about English law, but in the U.S. if you are incompetent while serving in office and cause harm to the citizens you could not only face criminal charge but a civil charge as well, impeachment at the very least. Most often the person would just resign the office .

In the U.S. if you cause harm to me or my family i have a legal right to sue you or the government the amount depends on the case, Rodney King sued Los Angeles for a police beating incident and was awarded 51 million dollars, he was hit 51 times with a baton by police one heck of a video. The UK citizens should write to there MP's and scream out foul, you are tax paying citizens after all.

GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

It works a bit different in Europe:uhm:

DnC

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Yeah, in Europe politicians can make huge mistakes, have criminal records and affairs and get away with them with a maxium of a few days press coverage. Oh yeah, they're all fat aside the matter.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

The question I have to ask is why were they released?

In the US it is not popular but there have been prisoner releases due to overcrowding in the prisons. The prisoners to be released are chosen for lesser crimes and good behavior and are deemed as being a minimal threat to society.

The populace understandably isnt happy about it which is leading to building more Prisons to handle the overcrowding.

DnC

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
Anlushac11The question I have to ask is why were they released?

Because they served their sentance......

enigma123456789

You will be Assimilated!

50 XP

14th March 2006

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Nothing is fair in this world. When i was 16 my family took a vacation from california to wisconsin by train, on the way back i sat next to a woman in her late 50's she had just retired from the state prison service in illinois, she explained to me that only 1% of convicts are rehabilitated and return to a more useful productive life.

I was 16 my only thought was get a rope or break the key off in the lock! all that liberalism is a load of misguided crap, and if you don't mind stop indangering my life by letting killers and rapists go free . that's my 10 cents.