TheMirage

The People's Politsayski

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

6,624 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

Thats the spirit Zab, people like you don't need adraft. This draft could be good and bad, more personell, but a potential effect on army morale.

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

Zab doesn't count he was gonna enlist anyway :p

If I was drafted, I'd probably make my way into the 101. Not only would I learn to jump out of a perfectly good airplane in training, but I could also train to fly a UH-60 or AH-64.

Octovon

Spaceman

54,945 XP

5th August 2003

0 Uploads

5,317 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

Well seeing as how Iraq looks today, I would sure as hell jump ship or be glad to just go to Afghanistan where there is at least some sense of security (that and not everyone is out to kill you). As you Americans are being shipped out, I'll sit back in my lounge chair, in the sun, with a nice cold beer. :cya:

AzH

I'm too cool to Post

269,650 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

24,050 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago
Octovon As you Americans are being shipped out, I'll sit back in my lounge chair, in the sun, with a nice cold beer. :cya:

Amen to that. I'm 27 soon. If American, would I be too old to be drafted? I sure as hell don't fancy communal showers with a bunch of rednecks who haven't seen pussy in six months. :p Can anyone say 'circle jerk'?? EDIT: Yeah, I'd be fine. I don't fancy getting killed in a pointless war.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

Lol lets not count our chickens yet, Al - Blair'll probably try to extend conscription here, just to keep the Americans happy. ;)

Keep a firm hold on that soap for the time being...

AzH

I'm too cool to Post

269,650 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

24,050 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

Blair will be out soon. I'm voting for Kennedy. It's a good name. Or, I might vote Tory. Just to get rid of the smacktard at Number Ten. Shitty reason to vote, but I think many will be doing the same.

Mosquitoman73

Mückenmann

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

Two reasons why draft is bad:

1. Volunteer soldiers fight harder than soldiers who are forced to fight. 2. Takes the pride out of being in the military.

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago

true Mosquitoman...

3. it would be a wast if time if you want to go to college etc. 4. people will try to escape the conscription if they can (take russia for example) 5. its an old law/idea

Mosquitoman73

Mückenmann

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago

If the armed forces floods the ranks with drafted citizens, the morale and cohesion of the military will suffer. Those not willing (or able) to accept a subordinate role and strictly obey orders without questioning reason will disrupt the unity and focus needed for the military to accomplish its mission.

Someone more concerned about their own personal safety than protecting their brothers-in-arms will put the lives of every soldier around them in jeopardy. I, for one, would not feel safe placing my life in the hands of a disgruntled draftee.

If there were ever a time when fighting spread onto American soil and our freedom were threatened, I would be appalled if every able bodied citizen didn’t take arms and fulfill their obligation to the United States. But as long as our battles are waged on foreign soil and we are the aggressors, leave the fighting to those of us who choose to serve. Hopefully, our government won’t substitute quality for quantity.

AzH

I'm too cool to Post

269,650 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

24,050 Posts

0 Threads

#30 16 years ago
Mosquitoman73But as long as our battles are waged on foreign soil and we are the aggressors.

Says it all really....