Dragokatzov

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

24th January 2005

0 Uploads

1,363 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Any other Canadians here? What do you think of this? I perosnally do not want the Conservatives to form a goverment. Even a minority goverment. Stephen Harper scares the hell out of me. The only diffrnece between him and Bush is Harper can speek French! Plus his new best friend seems to be Gilles Duceppe, the leader of the Quebec seperatist. I do not believe Prime Minister Paul Martin was behind the sponcership scandle, otherwise, he would of swept it under the rug. Martin has made good on all of his promises If the conservatives win, he will send troops to Iraq, a matter that does not concern Canada. Plus we do not have the resources to make military presence in Iraq. Also, if Harper forces an election, the same sex marrage bill dies. I am not gay, but one of my best friends is, and is that bill dies, her and her girlfriend can not marry, obviously. Harper wants to create a new social status for gays and lesbians, which pretty much puts them in a box and lables them. Theres my rant, Any one elce care to add?

GreatGrizzly

Fear the Bear

50 XP

23rd February 2005

0 Uploads

1,622 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

welcome to american politics treat gays as inferior: check go to war when you cant: check scandals: check conservatives with to much power: check we dont need another bush (even in canada)

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

[color=black]Yes, North American politics...oh, what a feeling...[/color]

[color=black]ahem*wretch*puke*ahem[/color]

[color=black]Harper makes me very uneasy--but I wouldn't worry about the Bloc...Quebec Separatists are an old, dying breed (I don't believe there is anyone in their party under 40 years of age); young people in Quebec see themselves as Canadians, not citizens of Quebec.[/color]

[color=black]Anyway, I've never voted in a federal election; I voted once to try to get Klein out of Alberta (don't even recall what the guy's name was). Becuz I don't believe in democracy, I don't believe it functions. However, I will vote against Harper--even though I don't support Martin.[/color]

[color=black]What has democracy come to...when people vote not to select the person they think will be right for the job but rather merely to prevent an asshole from assuming the throne...?[/color]

[color=black] [/color]

crassus

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I'm all for NDP. Too many scandals under both liberals and conservatives, especially under malrooni (spelling?.) And Harper probably wants to get rid of native rights. Kanesitaki will happen again, and i will be old enough to be apart of it. Consevatives don't like the idea of a "free country," then get out! when it comes to rights of course.

Big_Daddy

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

5th August 2004

0 Uploads

698 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
crassusI'm all for NDP. Too many scandals under both liberals and conservatives, especially under malrooni

It's spelled Mulrony, but anyways. The Liberals did accuse Mulrony of a scandal to win the election back then but then Mulrony came back after the election and sued the asses off the RCMP for defamation. He won something like $50 million I think...The NDP are just a bunch of retards trying to look important. I can't take a leader seriously like Jack Layton that has a permanent stupid grin on his face. Especially when they have no platform other than "we're different from the other guys"

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Well, it's really spelled "Mulroney," but either one works for me (Malrooni is a very good alternative ;) ). The NDP are consistantly bordering on a joke. They never stand for anything and rarely have anything intelligent to say, other than "Those Liberals/Conservatives are dorks!" Big_Daddy: "Especially when they have no platform other than "we're different from the other guys"" So true. "Small. Yellow. Different." Or however that old Ibuprofen or Motrin commercial went...

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

I believe this thread has made on thing abundently clear: No one cares about Canada, except for some Canadians.

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

That's just how we like it ;)

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago
Nordicvs [color=black]Harper makes me very uneasy--but I wouldn't worry about the Bloc...Quebec Separatists are an old, dying breed (I don't believe there is anyone in their party under 40 years of age); young people in Quebec see themselves as Canadians, not citizens of Quebec.

[/color] Thats not really true, im a Quebecer and I can tell you that the federalists are screwing up real good here. I'm not really a complete separatist myself, but most of my friends are, the rest do not care. The problem is that the sponsorship scandals are directly linked to Quebec and it insults most of us that they had to steal money to make enough propaganda to keep us in Canada. Our provincial government, the Liberals, are possibly the worst government we ever had, and they are federalist. Theres like about 25% of the population approving their actions, so this means the separatist Parti Québecois will probably take power in the next elections (2007 probably). A recent survey shows that Quebec would probably secede if there would be a referendum today. However, i am surprised that the Bloc Québecois is supporting Conservatives.. Probably because they would prefer fighting agaisnt someone who can't speak two correct sentences in french next time Quebec will try to separate. I will either vote for the NDP or Liberals in the next elections, even if I do not care because our crappy electoral system makes my vote useless were i live.

I believe this thread has made on thing abundently clear:

No one cares about Canada, except for some Canadians.

This is because we do not shit on everyone's head.

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

[color=black]Komrad_B:[/color] [color=black]"Thats not really true, im a Quebecer and I can tell you that the federalists are screwing up real good here. I'm not really a complete separatist myself, but most of my friends are, the rest do not care. The problem is that the sponsorship scandals are directly linked to Quebec and it insults most of us that they had to steal money to make enough propaganda to keep us in Canada. Our provincial government, the Liberals, are possibly the worst government we ever had, and they are federalist. Theres like about 25% of the population approving their actions, so this means the separatist Parti Québecois will probably take power in the next elections (2007 probably). A recent survey shows that Quebec would probably secede if there would be a referendum today. "[/color] [color=black]Oh, okay. Well, I read a lot of stuff a year ago that polls indicated that the majority of Quebec did not want to separate. Perhaps things have changed over the last year--guess I should be paying more attention to local news rather than just the many and varied atrocities around the world...[/color] [color=black]"However, i am surprised that the Bloc Québecois is supporting Conservatives.. Probably because they would prefer fighting agaisnt someone who can't speak two correct sentences in french next time Quebec will try to separate."[/color] [color=black]Well, that may be true. At least Chrétien was fluent in French...[/color] [color=black]"I will either vote for the NDP or Liberals in the next elections, even if I do not care because our crappy electoral system makes my vote useless were i live."[/color] [color=black]Why does it make your vote useless?[/color] [color=black]I'm pretty sure I'll vote for the Liberals; the Conservatives are snakes, IMO, and I just have the sinking feeling that the NDP would only screw things up, even unintentionally. I'd rather have a stagnant status quo rather than a worse state of the country.[/color] [color=black]"'I believe this thread has made on thing abundently clear: No one cares about Canada, except for some Canadians.'[/color] [color=black]"This is because we do not shit on everyone's head."[/color] [color=black]lol :p [/color] [color=black]Yeah, how does that saying go...? If you do things right, nobody even notices that you're there...?[/color]