So, that happened.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I'm both shocked and not surprised. Shocked that people fell for an obvious conman and not surprised that people fell for a conman...

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I'm still in denial lmao

qjyUJrq.png

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I would say exactly that same thing if either got elected. They both are idiots.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,400 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I think it says a lot about how much people dislike Hillary that get got that far.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

At the moment, more people have voted for Clinton than Trump. That is at least some solace 

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"c0mpliant"At the moment, more people have voted for Clinton than Trump. That is at least some solace 

Millennials also overwhelmingly voted Clinton, so that's a good thing too.

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Hmm. I've said it before with reference to British politics and I wonder how well it fits American politics: Liberals have no positive vision whatsoever. They've a vision of society that no working class person who doesn't happen to owe primary membership to another minority group has any sort of part in. If you're not an intellectual, you're fucked in modern society. There's a kid in China who'll do the manufacturing job your daddy had for a fraction of the price.

Trump and the like are full of shit, they don't have a good answer on that point. But maybe you're not a total idiot if you vote for shit over fuck all. Maybe that's what aligns with your interests. People are always going to have an eye for their own interests over anyone else's after all.

One way or the other, modern liberalism has clearly failed. It's such a shambling corpse that even someone like Trump can win.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#9 2 years ago

"Nemmerle"People are always going to have an eye for their own interests over anyone else's after all.[/quote] This is a line written up by an edgy teenager, sorry to say. It's fundamentally wrong. Humans are herd animals. We seek to better the herd over the individual. This is why procreation is such a drive for certain individuals; because it furthers the herd's future. Why would you have children, otherwise? They bring you no materialistic wealth. They drain it. They hurt you. They damage you beyond repair and cause you indescribable pain. If people were always going to have an eye for their own interests over anyone else's, no one would ever have children or pay wages. 

[quote="Nemmerle"]One way or the other, modern liberalism has clearly failed. It's such a shambling corpse that even someone like Trump can win.

The United States and the United Kingdom are both based on classical conservatism, not liberalism. The latter less so than the former, mind you, but nevertheless neither are a prime example of liberal ideas. The US is built up of classes and cultures that fled from Europe because they couldn't persecute minorities anymore, or because they faced damnation if they stayed. Catholics that were pushed out by the more liberal ideas of the Lutherans; cults that couldn't exist due to groups such as the Bavarian Illuminati.

Liberalism is not the "devil" you describe. It's an idea that puts value in technology, society and rationality over hard work. It's the prime candidate in a democracy. It seeks to maintain democracy, even when its opponent is put in charge. Liberalism is, potentially, its own worst enemy due to this. It has a very low sense of self-preservation, as it seeks to prioritise all over one.

Without liberalism, we'd still be under the yoke of Kings and Queens, Emperors and Empresses. 

Let me make this clear; I have no issues with a conservative element being in power. I take no issue with funding taken from science and given to military. What I do take issue with, is the de-humanizing that takes place from these elements. Sometimes people forget that we're all humans, and we're all borne of the same matter. We've all been space dust, and we will all be space dust. So those elements need to quit acting like some of us are aliens and others are not.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Both candidates were an ill choice, but I must admit I expected the public to chose the least worst totally shit candidate over the utterly nuts candidate. But indeed clearly many people, the lower and middle class, are fed up with liberalism where big cooperations rule all. So they gave both the republicans and the democrats the big finger with career politicians that are pocket deep invested in multinationals and such things.  Berny would have had a better chanche but he was undesired by these career politicians.