Raising awareness against the 2005 Patriot Act 125 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

When this spreads - remember I started it. I couldn't find it anywhere online so I typed the whole damn thing up myself. I got it from a senator who came to talk during a leadership seminar I attended last weekend. Myself and the other liberal democrats told you - all you idiotic bush supporters! Welcome to 1984 all you Bush idiots! We told you and you just wouldn't listen... Welcome to hell.

Proposed Patriot Act of 2005
Whereas the United States was attacked by forces of terrorism on September 11, 2001 and whereas the United States Congress has authorized the President to use military force to deal with terrorist forces abroad and to insure that the government of Iraq complies with appropriate resolutions of the United Nations, be it resolved that the President of the United States is empowered to take appropriate measures to maintain the domestic security of the United States. Accordingly the President is authorized by this act to exercise the following functions: Section 1. The President is authorized to require that all non-citizens of the United States resident in the United States, register every six months with Immigration and Naturalization Service. The President, at his discretion, may restrict this order to citizens of certain countries. Failure to register will result in arrest and immediate deportation or imprisonment. The President, upon finding by the Department of Homeland Security that there is a significant security threat, may direct that all naturalized citizens from countries with whom the United States is engaged in hostilities, will also be required to register with INS. Section 2. A Bureau of Internal Security, headed by a panel of three persons, one representative chosen by the Congress, one by the Chief Justice, and one by the President, reporting to the Security of Homeland Security, shall be charged with compiling a list of all organizations that advocate the use of violence to bring about political change. An organization so listed may appeal. If listed, it will be the responsibility of that organization to provide the Bureau with a list of all its members with addresses and other pertinent information. The Bureau may also require the organizations so listed to report all meetings to be held to the bureau and to give a bi-annual report of all funds raised and the specific sources of such funds. Failure to comply may subject the offender to a fine of no more than ten thousand dollars and/or a sentence of no more than five years for each offense. Section 3.In the event the United States is engaged in armed conflict, the Department of Homeland Security is authorized to require prior submission of any publication, either in the print media or electronically, in any specified foreign language. The Department must review such material in a timely fashion. Any material that advocates force or violence or that would in any manner impede the war effort will be excised and, if published, the publisher of such material shall be liable for a fine of no more than ten thousand dollars and imprisonment for a term of no more than twenty years. Failure to submit materials for pre-review, regardless of their content, will make the publisher liable to the same penalties as stated above. Section 4. For their own protection and identification, all American citizens will be issued a new National ID Card, containing all of their pertinent identification information, including their medical records. Certain alien visitors to America, and certain aliens currently residing in America, must become part of the new DNA database on "suspected terrorists" and VeriChip program. In order to gather further information about suspected terrorists, the government will take a hair sample from every visitor in order to determine their DNA identification for the national database. In addition, all long-term visitors from countries suspected by the government of housing people likely to engage in terrorist activities, will be injected with an identification microchip. This device, about the size of a long grain of rice, not only carries all of a person's identification and medical data, but it also enables authorities to connect the information from this chip to the Global Satellite Tracking System, thus enabling them to follow a suspect wherever they go. Section 5. Random searches will be made of cars, vans, and trucks, including the use of visual recognition software on the faces of drivers of these vehicles, headed to and from centers of transportation (airports, train stations, etc.) and historic national landmarks (such as Independence Hall in Philadelphia) to prevent acts of terrorism against them. Section 6. All new computers sold in this country must now be registered with the government in order to track their ownership and use, and the government will be empowered to develop and use the CARNIVORE program, which intercepts, captures, reads, and locates the origination point of any computer email and A.I.M. communications, whenever it is triggered by some version of a series of words relating "terrorist activities", as defined above and in the 2001 U.S.A. Patriot Act.

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

*move to the Pub*

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I don't have an issue with most of that, but I'd like to see the actual thing.

Certain alien visitors to America, and certain aliens currently residing in America, must become part of the new DNA database on "suspected terrorists" and VeriChip program. In order to gather further information about suspected terrorists, the government will take a hair sample from every visitor in order to determine their DNA identification for the national database.

I have no problem with that. The world has changed, and so must we. We will not accept another 9-11.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

This IS the actual thing. I typed it up EXACTLY as it is. We brought 9/11 on ourselves and we had plenty of damned warning. Bush just decided it wasn't important to listen to anyone else but himself- but what else is new.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
NimueThis IS the actual thing. I typed it up EXACTLY as it is. We brought 9/11 on ourselves and we had plenty of damned warning. Bush just decided it wasn't important to listen to anyone else but himself- but what else is new.

I still want to read the actual thing, not a post #1 at a gaming forum. You might be 100% correct, but I do not know you.

Anywhoo, here we go again :rolleyes: sigh

colonel_bob

Here & There

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

6,685 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago
In the event the United States is engaged in armed conflict, the Department of Homeland Security is authorized to require prior submission of any publication, either in the print media or electronically, in any specified foreign language. The Department must review such material in a timely fashion. Any material that advocates force or violence or that would in any manner impede the war effort will be excised and, if published, the publisher of such material shall be liable for a fine of no more than ten thousand dollars and imprisonment for a term of no more than twenty years. Failure to submit materials for pre-review, regardless of their content, will make the publisher liable to the same penalties as stated above.

This is the only one that has me slightly worried. Aren't we 'engaged in armed conflict' most of the time, somewhere in the world, if you twist the facts enough?

CHAKA VIP Member

Anti-antidisestablishmentarian

50 XP

15th January 2004

0 Uploads

5,038 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

I love the way they get rid of freedom of the press and stuff. I mean, hey, it's only a constitution, right?

WiseBobo

Most loved forum member.

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Any source for this information?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 13 years ago

I have already told you. I got it at a Leadership Conference - called the "Youth Leadership Conference" sponsered by the Ruritans last weekend. Look them up if you want.

WiseBobo

Most loved forum member.

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,668 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

And where did you get the manuscript for this?