Russia and America's relationship 'at all time low' 13 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,369 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,521 Posts

1,748 Threads

#1 1 year ago

It seems like relations have been deteriorating for some time between Russia and the west, and with President Trump's recent comments that relations are at an all time low, he has a lot of work to do to restore stability between the two.

Does this herald the possibility of a new cold war between the two nations, or has that already started? Arguably, did the cold war ever really end, or did it just get colder ofr a while?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,131 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Personally, I think the situation with North Korea is going to be the determining factor between America and Russia.

If America can uncharacteristically keep out of everyone's business, I don't see any major problems with Russia. But if America does what America does, and tries to intervene in whatever North Korea is doing, then war with Russia will be a 100% guarantee.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,593 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I bet you're thinking, "I'm glad I already did my time," right about now ;)

Also I do take a bit of perverse pleasure in seeing the man who said he would love a great relationship with Russia, and that Putin was a good man, basically torch that whole idea.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Remember when just  a few months ago a big premise for Trump's campaign was that we should largely secede from foreign affairs and focus on our own country for a while? I don't think bombing countries and increasing the military budget very well fits that goal. At the same time, he did say someone needed to stop ISIS...

I'm not informed on the details of the situation, just the big points, like how America decided to drop a big bomb on what was allegedly an ISIS-related target.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#5 1 year ago

"Lindale"Personally, I think the situation with North Korea is going to be the determining factor between America and Russia.

If America can uncharacteristically keep out of everyone's business, I don't see any major problems with Russia. But if America does what America does, and tries to intervene in whatever North Korea is doing, then war with Russia will be a 100% guarantee.

To be fair, it never really seemed like Russia doesn't try to interfere everywhere it can. Or for that matter any recognized superpower or wanna-be superpower. Same old, same old as far as politics is concerned, and it doesn't matter who lives or dies as long as the elite and those suckered in by them are satisfied.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,131 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#6 1 year ago

I was referring to the fact that America is the world's vigilante. And now, the world's vigilante is going after North Korea. If that happens, Russia is going to follow suit in declaring war on America.

"Superfluous Curmudgeon "Remember when just  a few months ago a big premise for Trump's campaign was that we should largely secede from foreign affairs and focus on our own country for a while?

Like I have been saying since the start, Trump was only telling America what America WANTED to hear.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#7 1 year ago
"Lindale"I was referring to the fact that America is the world's vigilante. And now, the world's vigilante is going after North Vietnam. If that happens, Russia is going to follow suit in declaring war on America.

Don't know if joking but I think you meant North Korea. And yes I know that but how is different from what Russia/China or any other superpower/wannabe-superpower does. Not like Russia didn't occupy Afghanistan in the 1970's or Ukraine recently with the intent of doing as they please. And China was pretty much made by annexing surrounding areas non-stop.

Point is you cannot just point at America. Many countries with too much power and little concern for the civilians that live everywhere have a same/similar MO all for the sake of getting what they want. All of them have to be stopped from interfering in the affairs of others for whatever reason, not just America.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,131 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#8 1 year ago

I stated America because that is the subject of this thread, the relationship between Russia and America.

"random_soldier1337"Don't know if joking but I think you meant North Korea.

I did indeed. I changed it accordingly.

random_soldier1337

I live on Gaming Forums

452 XP

17th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,039 Posts

5 Threads

#9 1 year ago
"Lindale"I stated America because that is the subject of this thread, the relationship between Russia and America.

It's not one way. You can't speak about one side and not consider the other. They've both done and still do reprehensible things. I doubt America not being a player/'vigilante' would have somehow made Russia not do all the bad things they have done.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#10 1 year ago

They weren't awful before. They were bad, but thanks to President Jingo, they're probably worse than ever before. Russia has to be handled carefully - it's a nuclear silo with the appearance of a powder keg. Putin isn't stupid, and he's not aggressive. He's calculating and manipulative. It would surprise me very much if things weren't playing out as he had intended.

I don't think the world can rely on America to "clean shit up" anymore. That burden now lies with China.