Am I the only one who is suspicious of these rascals? Here is a short summary of the crimes of each industry: Food Industry
- Adds ingredients to foods to make you fatter, addicted, and hungrier/thirstier than when you started.
- Sells meat from sick animals that have been pumped up with Recombinated Bovine Growth Hormones.
- Sells junk food and sodas to school cafeterias across the nation.
- Advertises "healthy foods" that actually make more calories/fat than the "unhealthy foods."
- Advertises athletes and other healthy people eating/drinking super-fattening foods, when such people wouldn't be caught dead eating those foods.
- Works with FDA to make sure safe drugs will not be imported from Canada.
- Pushes pills that do nothing or merely prolong the problem.
- Pushes pills for things that don't even require a drug to fix (e.g., depression, obesity, etc).
- Tells people to demand that their doctors prescribe a certain drug, even if their doctors feel that it is not appropriate ("Ask your doctor about...").
- Jacks up prices on drugs unnecessarily and then tells the consumer that the higher prices are the result of either (1) increased marketing, (2) research and development of new drugs. In actuality, a large piece of the pie is going directly to executives' pockets.
Now, a lot of these problems are also the result of the FDA's poor oversight and corruption. Many of the people who serve in the FDA were former executives of food and drug companies, or leave to become executives of food and drug companies. In order to make sure that the FDA takes a tougher stand against the food and drug companies that pose the problem, we must replace the corrupt officials with new and responsible citizens that will not receive kickbacks from food and drug companies (i.e., will not become so corrupt as they are now). By ensuring that food and drug companies act responsibly, we can do a lot more to promote the health of Americans than simply throwing monthly checks from the government at them. Because, a lot of the time, the food and drug companies are the cause of our health problems.
Dude, no one is replying to this. I thought for sure at least Mihail would have seen this.