Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#1661 7 years ago

Whilst granted, we're a long way from coming together as a species, that doesn't mean to say we'd need to be getting along for that to work. We had the Space Race to the Moon, who is to say there wont be another to another planet? America, China and Russia maybe? They're the ones with the land to utilize for such a build.

We don't have to be a combined species in order to develop space travel, we could easily (as we have done in the past) be in conflict with each other. If we all developed space ships, we'd all have slight variations of technology on those space ships. An American Scientist may develop the ability to Terra Form a planet. A Chinese Scientist may develop artificial gravity, and a Russian Scientist may develop a new power source.

We don't need to be united in order to reach the above goals.

eezstreet

Lord of the .DCC files

50 XP

16th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,662 Posts

0 Threads

#1662 7 years ago
Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#1663 7 years ago

That's great and that, but those Christians are no different from the Islamic Extremists that flew those planes into the twin towers. It's a small minority, and those views aren't supported by any religious group as a whole. No.

Besides, your using Fox News as your source? :rolleyes:

On an unrelated note:

Spoiler: Show
p224368.jpg

eezstreet

Lord of the .DCC files

50 XP

16th June 2008

0 Uploads

2,662 Posts

0 Threads

#1664 7 years ago

Fox News wasn't the source, rather people posted in response to an article on Facebook with those hateful comments. And I do agree, those responses do NOT represent the faith as a whole. It just sickens me when people post that crap on Facebook of all places.

Embee

Homo Obnoxius

50 XP

13th December 2009

0 Uploads

2,205 Posts

0 Threads

#1665 7 years ago

Oh God. All these English grammar mistakes I've encountered... Just adds to the debility of extremists or irrational people.

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#1666 7 years ago

eezstreet;5544077Christians Openly Advocate Killing Athiests on FOX News Facebook Page

That is all.

could have been trollin' as well...ya know get there 15 mins of fame.

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#1667 7 years ago

Honestly, the Fox News discussion that provoked this is more aggravating to me. Couple of choice quotes;

"I guess that's what happens when you don't believe in god, you have all this extra time because you're not praying, and you use it for unproductive things, like suing about this."

Yes, why not be insane?

"Greg, don't you think that ground zero represents a battle in this war? And the war was brought to us on 9/11 by Islamic terrorists acting in the name of their faith, but we can't up a symbol of Christianity or Judaism or anything else?"

The host of the discussion here, basically stating that the War on Terror is a religious war between Christianity and Islam. (side note: if you copy and paste text from the transcript of the discussion linked above, a little message saying "read more here" with a link to the site gets mysteriously pasted along with it. Are they that scared of being quoted out of context?)

Embee

Homo Obnoxius

50 XP

13th December 2009

0 Uploads

2,205 Posts

0 Threads

#1668 7 years ago
Emperor Benedictine;5544236 (side note: if you copy and paste text from the transcript of the discussion linked above, a little message saying "read more here" with a link to the site gets mysteriously pasted along with it. Are they that scared of being quoted out of context?)

Even if it's given with the whole context, I don't think Fox would be much better.