Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago
WarHawk109jesus would have walked the earth again well before then IMO.

Indeed.

Psychokenesis

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

13,428 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

In the Year 10,191

The Known universe is ruled by the Padasha Emperor Shadam IV

In this time the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melanage. The Spice extends life the spice expands consciousness. The Spice is vital for space travel.

The Spacing Guild and its Navigators, whom the Spice has mutated over 4,000, years use the Orange Spice gas to fold space. That is to travel to any part of the universe without moving..

Oh yes I forgot to tell you...

The Spice exist on only one planet in the Entire Universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast desserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these desserts are a people called the Freemen, who have long held an prophecy. That a man would come...A Messiah..who would lead them to true freedom.

The planet is Arrakis...also known as ...Dune.

Ifigure the year 10000 will be so different we'll not recongnise them as any civilization we had ever seen. Much like the very alien DUNE movie. I think things will be so different perhaps wonderfully so that we would be apes to them. Our very guestures vival. For IF we survive as a speicies the next 8,000 years would be glorious...

EON_MagicMan

Lumpy

50 XP

27th September 2005

0 Uploads

1,042 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I'm willing to put my money on the fact that we'll all be dead. The only thing that will be similar to what it is now, is the Earth (although we're probably already or will bugger it up something good, so even then!). 8000 years is unfathomable in civilized time, but in geologic time, it's nothing. The movie AI: Artificial Intelligence had a pretty interesting concept at the end: Robots outliving humans, and being smart enough to "evolve"-- to build better versions of themselves and improve upon themselves. In the end it showed Robots that looked almost more biological than mechanical, and were more 'human' than any of the humans in the movie. Maybe in Greek and Roman times, they could have predicted (in terms of advancement, not nessecarily politics) with some degree of accuracy what 500 years in the future would bring (assuming whoever was predicting also new some past history), but when you've consider what's happened in the last 100 years, the last 20 years, the last 10 years, it's way too hard.

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

don't give a damn.

crassus

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

We will become a singularity, we will merge our thoughts into one, merge with gaia. Seriously though anyone who played and beat alpha centauri knows what i mean. Anyways if the 'christian god' happens to not exist, then us humans will destroy our selves probably in the next 25 years, either that or the quality of living will be greatly reduced due to stone age level of living with guns surviving, like waterworld minus the water, all because of wars. And we won't evolve because evolution is impossible.

mentalmagic

Just Do It.

50 XP

12th January 2006

0 Uploads

3,458 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Well by then we will definatly bled the Earth dry of all its resources so i would think we would of inhabited other planets. Earth would have a dramaticly different climate due to the natural cange in temperatures that happens all the time and it may look slightly different with continental drift and all that. But geographicly speaking 8,000 years is nothing in the time scale of earth. We humans as a species have been on earth for a very short amount of time. I also doubt that humans would of evovled much as its not much time to evolve, except maybe simple things, we may be taller so we have more surface area to take in the suns rays, we may be slightly heavier built in general due to common eating habits. out organs may be bigger to cope with our bigger size and things like that. Economicly in a shorter time scale, i think the world would of balanced its economy out and the third-world countries would be more on par with the modern counrtries. In terms of government i think it may be something like 1984 where everyone has their loyalties to one party and their is much mor of a 'nanny state'. But really its a long, long way away and too hard to predict accuaratly. Wow the end of my longest post ever.

DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

14th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
KarstActually, i think human evolution is basically over.

No I mean technologically. But also, I still actually do think we are evolving physically, we're never 'perfect.'

AzH

I'm too cool to Post

269,650 XP

17th September 2003

0 Uploads

24,050 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I'd expect the Human Race to have been wiped out by the time 10,000 rolls around. Either by our own doing or by some planetary catastrophy.

We will be slam-dunked by a global killer sooner or later.

qotsa

Proceeds the Weedian

50 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

7,424 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

The year 10,000. Thinking about it scares me :|

Mr. Burger

Zaaaap!

50 XP

16th October 2005

0 Uploads

781 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
Red MenaceRobots will have killed us all.

I,Robot ;)

Me, I've got no idea. Imagination cannot stretch so far.