El Hombre del Fuego

The Three of Swords

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

1,676 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

The large amount of police is probably due to the fact that that guy had a chainsaw running while waiting for the medical personnel. Not surprisingly, the EMT's panicked and probably called in that they were in danger. The fact that the man may have been mentally ill supports this.

Keep in mind the guy succeeded in reaching a police officer and striking him with the chainsaw. If you even say you can keep your cool then, you're a liar.

DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

13th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

at least they tried to use pepper sray instead shooting him immediately.

coolduderyan07

Hl2 All the way

50 XP

31st December 2004

0 Uploads

282 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Well.. let me see.. " overkill " i my mind is shooting someone 8 times in the chest or head.... well think of this.. there are 4 officers each shoot 3 times.. is 3 shots (each person) overkill... and think about it... think about what they are thinking ... wait till my buddies shoot then if he is still alive.. I will shoot himm ...... no.... if i was sitting there and a guy attacked my teamate with a chainsaw.. I am going to shoot right away..... well most of them are probobly going to do the same thing and that is going to equal about 13 bullets in my mind... now 8 bullets ( each person ) is over kill.. but if someone fires at a guy 2 or 3 times.. thats a pretty small amount if he is coming at you with a chainsaw No im not done yet... Lets take 4 people for example 2 that would shoot immediatly.. one that would hesitate and .. one that would. not shoot because the suspect was mental. OK the 2 guys shoot him.. the 3rd guy waits untill he sees that the chainsaw guy is still coming at the officer with 8 or 9 bullets already in him.. then shoots... the last guy sits and watches.. 3 days later ... it is now court. The first man goes up to the stand... and says " I shot the guy right when he lunged toward my teamate " and so does the next officer.. the 3rd officer goes to the stand and tries to explain how he hesitated to make sure the man did not make any further moves.. The last guy gets called up to the stand says " i did not shoot the man at all" and is asked " why didnt u shoot him when you knew that your teamate was going to be ripped apart by a chanisaw, and possibly dies" he answers " because i figured the suspect was mental and i could not kill him" ...... Well people .. either u feel bad for the angry guy with the chainsaw.. or let him kill your teamate.. and would u rather have your teamates death on your conscience or an angry man wiht a chainsaw.. think about it...

Roarthealmighty

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

1,635 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

If cops didnt have pussy 9mm he would only need... 4-5 shots? And whats the big deal about 13 shots? whoop dee shit, hes going to die anyways, or he should.

coolduderyan07

Hl2 All the way

50 XP

31st December 2004

0 Uploads

282 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

all gunns ar powerfull.. its not like in games.... where it takes 30 shots to kill someone with a pistol 1 shot usually kills but i woudnt shoot once at the guy .... just to prove a point,.. some people have enough adrenalin to get shot 5 times and still come at you.. not a very hard concept ;)

Miltonmonkey

This is my User Title

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,095 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

:cort:...

Roarthealmighty

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

1,635 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Yeah, I understand it. My point is totally different from the topic so therefore im going to drop it. But I think the cop acted correctly.

Col Jimmy Emeric

Led Zeppelin pwns all

50 XP

16th April 2004

0 Uploads

3,149 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

some people...

Nemmerle Advanced Member

Voice of joy and sunshine

299,174 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,206 Posts

6 Threads

#9 16 years ago
coolduderyan071 shot usually kills

Human bodies are very hard to stop with a single shot however; a wound they will eventually die of probably wont drop them immediately.

Kadaj

My E-peen wouldn't fit here :(

50 XP

4th October 2004

0 Uploads

3,750 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

this topic eventually boils down to the fact that the american media makes it seem as if the country is full of insane madmen intent on killing people, they hype everything up so bad, it makes peoples first reaction to be to draw a weapon, and thus shoot this bloke and obscene number of times.