Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Several Protesters Inured and One Dead at White Nationalist Rally

Jesus.  As if we needed one more reason to hate these motherfuckers.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I honestly have no words. These counter-protestors are opposing white supremacism and racism, and they get attacked? What the fuck, America?

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#3 1 year ago

Identity-driven political movements are a cancer on civilisation. Who knew?

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#4 1 year ago
"Serio"I honestly have no words. These counter-protestors are opposing white supremacism and racism, and they get attacked? What the fuck, America?

Simple: They were attacking first. plenty of independent vids on YT alone shows the fuckers throwing bottles and just punching people.  One of them was even using an aresol and lighter to make a makeshift flamethrower.

But sure get spoonfed by the MSM.

And before you scream muh racisim I am a  Filipino who lives in the Philippines and who grew up under matrcos's dictatorship. And my only dog on this fight is that the MSM is using this excuse to twist and bend the first amendment to suit their narrative.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,008 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#5 1 year ago
"Lord Rumpuss V"
"Serio"I honestly have no words. These counter-protestors are opposing white supremacism and racism, and they get attacked? What the fuck, America?

Simple: They were attacking first. plenty of independent vids on YT alone shows the fuckers throwing bottles and just punching people.  One of them was even using an aresol and lighter to make a makeshift flamethrower.

And before you scream muh racisim I am a  Filipino who lives in the Philippines and who grew up under matrcos's dictatorship. And my only dog on this fight is that the MSM is using this excuse to twist and bend the first amendment to suit their narrative.

Apparently you haven't learned a whole lot from growing up in a dictatorship. Generally, when you see violent protesters throwing bottles you call the police instead of driving your car into a crowd of people who may or may not be violent.

And spare us the mass-media conspiracy theories. If you are looking for people to blame start with the fringe media nutcases and the tools who consume that bullshit.

Emperor Benedictine

You can't fire me, I quit

55 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,437 Posts

0 Threads

#6 1 year ago
"MrFancypants"Apparently you haven't learned a whole lot from growing up in a dictatorship. Generally, when you see violent protesters throwing bottles you call the police instead of driving your car into a crowd of people who may or may not be violent.

Obviously agree on the not running people over part, but police were present on the scene and could not have failed to anticipate an outbreak of violence, yet it appears they did very little to intervene or de-escalate the situation. If that is the case then the outcome is not suprising and the local authorities bear a heavy portion of the responsibility for it.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#7 1 year ago

I was listening to NPR this morning on my drive to work and they interviewed the governor of VA Terry McAuliffe.  They compared the incident to other protests with IIRC Black Lives Matter protests involving much more drastic measures and he asked Mr. McAuliffe if he felt the police did enough in response; he said "Oh yeah."  :p

His basic summation was that they couldn't have known what would occur and their steady approach was the most appropriate.  I couldn't help but notice a sense of trying to downplay the whole thing.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#8 1 year ago
"MrFancypants"
"Lord Rumpuss V"

Apparently you haven't learned a whole lot from growing up in a dictatorship. Generally, when you see violent protesters throwing bottles you call the police instead of driving your car into a crowd of people who may or may not be violent.

And spare us the mass-media conspiracy theories. If you are looking for people to blame start with the fringe media nutcases and the tools who consume that bullshit.

Obviously I stuck a nerve and instead of going looking for those vids  you go "conspiracy nut" on me. Go  and  look, instead plenty of vids showing who were throwing stuff first. And yes there were police and there are vids on the net showing them herding the protesters towards the counter-protesters instead of separating the two volatile groups. And 'm not talking about edited spit polish vids here just phone cam recordings.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,008 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#9 1 year ago

"Lord Rumpuss V" Obviously I stuck a nerve and instead of going looking for those vids  you go "conspiracy nut" on me. Go  and  look, instead plenty of vids showing who were throwing stuff first. And yes there were police and there are vids on the net showing them herding the protesters towards the counter-protesters instead of separating the two volatile groups. And 'm not talking about edited spit polish vids here just phone cam recordings.

I've seen the vids. Sad business. What strikes a nerve is the willingness to see conspiracies everywhere and the blatant apologetism for domestic terrorism. It does not matter who threw stones or bottles first, it is not an excuse for murder.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#10 1 year ago

Apparently first responders outnumbered the "white supremacist" rally (quotations because I'm not sure what they actually called themselves) 3:1 at least, but were told not to interfere with the clash between the rally members  and the protesters. Violence was pretty inevitable with no one to intervene. Doesn't excuse anyone, but it should have and could have been prevented. The media is very far left-leaning so I don't really expect them to present what happened in a neutral manner; they will likely paint the rally members as the most terrible, racist, bigoted people possible.

The increasingly violent division in the country is pretty disgruntling. It seems that even without an explicit religion, religious war is inevitable.