Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Violence should never enter a political forum, but apparently UKIP missed this memo. Earlier today, MEP Steven Woolfe was involved in an "altercation" with another party member(rumoured to be Mike Hookem). He subsequently collapsed and has been rushed to a hospital in Strasburgh, where his condition is said to be serious.

It wasn't immediately after the injury that Woolfe collapsed, either. From what I can gather, he managed to walk around and even sit through a vote. Latest updates indicate that Woolfe is conscious enough to speak, though suffering bleeding on the brain.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Fucking bizarre. That was supposed to be a meeting on a strategy to bring the party together after leadership crisis that its facing.

I honestly don't see much room left for UKIP with the massive move to the far right that May has announced in the last few days. UKIP will find themselves in a situation that they have no leadership, their policy platform yanked form under them and massive divisions within the party membership.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago

They're being very tight-lipped, but supposedly Woolfe was challenged by some other UKIP MEPs and called a traitor. He took offense and said he'd happily take it outside, which Mike Hookem took him up on. He was shoved about, and either hit a window or a wall.

"Fucking bizarre" is really the only phrase that can properly describe this. It's one thing for something like this to happen in a municipal council, or even a national parliament. But it happened on the grounds of the European Parliament, involving people representing Britain on an international level.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I thought such things only happend in a few weird and primitive countries where apes and cavemen make up 100% of the parlaimential members. 

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 2 years ago
"Admiral Donutz"I thought such things only happend in a few weird and primitive countries where apes and cavemen make up 100% of the parlaimential members. 

Apparently it happens outside Britain, too.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,479 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#6 2 years ago

We might get to see something similar on tonight's US presidential debate.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"Admiral Donutz"I thought such things only happend in a few weird and primitive countries where apes and cavemen make up 100% of the parlaimential members. 

Happens alot in China and some Slav states. Go ahead and call them primitive.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

I call any person or entity who/what thinks that you solve arguments with your fists as primitive. So that would indeed include those silly sods in some east asian countries who solve parlaimential or board meeting arguments with violence. 

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

The next election in the UK will be very interesting to say the least. I am genuinely concerned for the people of Britain at the moment, there are a lot of things happening there that are incredibly fascist and dangerously close to a tipping point, beyond which there is no coming back.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#10 2 years ago

At this point, the best thing to do is move to Scotland.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png