Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#1 1 year ago

With less than 24 hours until the US gets a new president, the majority of positions in the executive branch remain unfilled. This means that as of power transfer tomorrow, the US will only have two ambassadors; to Chin and Israel. The offices of coordinator for counter-terrorism, chief of protocol, legal adviser, chief financial officer, and more than six hundred other positions currently remain empty.

The question is... Do you think this is going to affect the US negatively or positively? Will it be a step towards potentially dismantling and creating a smaller government?

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I don't really know how different this is to a normal change in presidency. You'd think that there are processes and that most of it is just a matter of delegation.

It could mean some attempt to change the process, more likely it is an attempt to fill posts with politically suitable people and there just aren't that many far-right people in the system with sufficient experience.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#3 1 year ago

Usually, there are a number of nominations to be confirmed as soon as the new President takes office. For Obama, it took a hundred days to get all of his nominations confirmed. Trump, so far, has only nominated thirty out of six hundred posts.

Additionally, as many of the nominated are bankers, CEOs, and millionaires, it may be difficult for them to fit into their schedule the hearings, so that could potentially drag out the process. 

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Talking of which:

There’s a huge education level drop-off with the Trump cabinet picks 

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Not surprising. As the article points out, they're not selected because they know how the world works - they're selected because they're rich and powerful. That's why you have all these CEOs, billionaires, and businessmen being nominated. They're the ones that could afford it. The man did say he intended to run it like a business, after all.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#6 1 year ago

It's a good thing countries are businesses.  I can't see it going wrong in any way, shape, or form.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#7 1 year ago
"Serio"Not surprising. As the article points out, they're not selected because they know how the world works - they're selected because they're rich and powerful. That's why you have all these CEOs, billionaires, and businessmen being nominated. They're the ones that could afford it. The man did say he intended to run it like a business, after all.

I guess that's one way to take the corruption out of Washington.  Instead of having politicians influenced by corporate executives and billionaires, you put corporate executives and billionaires directly in charge.  Now there's no need to corrupt anyone because you're already in charge.  Brilliant!

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#8 1 year ago

Yeah, I noticed during his speech he claimed the establishment/government was to blame and for all the problems, how they got all the benefits while the poor people got nothing, and etc.  Well...who lobbies the government on behalf of big business and from whom does the government receive kickbacks? :wiener: