Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

... Because it will apparently make Australia a "muslim country". 

My brain is so full of fucks over this idea. A Christian "ethics" action group called "Salt Shakers" appear to be a bit salty over the presence of irreligious people in Australia. So much, in fact, that they're trying to get atheists, apatheists and agnostics to lie on a national census.

They use the excuse that this is to avoid Australia officially becoming a "muslim country". This is an absolutely hilarious and incorrect idea, as only 2.2% of Australians identified their religion as Islam in the last census, which was lower than the number of people who identified as Buddhists.

While there was nothing wrong with someone ticking the “no religion” box if they were unsure of their beliefs, Mr Shelton is worried the campaign will lead to claims of a boost in atheism.

“It seems like they (the atheists) are trying to enlarge their congregation,” Mr Shelton said.

To make their selection clearer this year, Mr Shelton believes atheists should mark “Other” and then write atheist.

What a nutcase.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/unholy-war-over-census-question-on-religion/news-story/c6171ebdad35a6614d09be493aa1fff2

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,766 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,399 Posts

2 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I could not get past the first paragraph before I simply scrolled to the end.

On my way to the end, I saw that obviously American photo of a white Jesus....

Can someone please tell me why Australia is allowed to be an independent nation?

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png