For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!
16th March 2004
What is the greatest failure which we must guard?' 'The failure to die when death would serve the Emperor's purpose.
- 'Against whom will the battle at the end of time be fought?' 'Know only that it will not be against enemies from without.'
- 'But what of the masses of humanity, the Emperor's flock?' 'Pay them no heed, for their greater number is already damned.'
- 'What of the times when the enemy is stronger, in body or in number?' 'No xenos is more cunning than humanity. No traitor has the courage of the pious'
- 'How must we honor our fallen?' 'With every bullet and every blade, with every moment of victory and pain.'
- 'How must the alien be met on the battlefield?' 'The alien fears our purity and nobility. He must therefore be met with the most pure and noble hatred.'
- 'What is the greatest sin?' 'The greatest for us is treachery, for it is a sin against the soul.'
- 'How can we know when the battle is won?' 'Know only this. There is but a single battle, and it will never be won.'
- 'What is it that makes us Astartes?' 'Our augmentations and battlegear are as nothing compared to the mastering of our own fears. It is this that places us above the human race.'
- 'How can we tell our friends from our enemies?' 'It is said that all but our own battle-brothers will become our enemies in the end.'
- 'Who can we call our allies in the endless battle against corruption?' 'None but ourselves, our own souls and discipline, our own bodies and the weapons in our hands.'
- 'What right do we have to pass judgment on a fellow human being?' 'I ask of you, what right have we to presume him innocent?'
- 'How far must we compromise when victory is at stake?' 'The concept of compromise is alien to an Astartes. To die unrelenting is to be victorious.'
- 'What can we learn from the ways of the xenos?' 'We can learn how to hate.'
- 'How does a Soul Drinker fight?' 'As cold as the void and as fast as the bullets from his bolter.'
- 'What will our fight mean to the galaxy when we are dead?' 'It will mean that the galaxy continues, for without every drop of Astartes blood it would crumble and fall.'
- 'How do we overcome an enemy who fights with lies?' 'Confront him with the truth of destruction.'
- 'What do our enemies see when they look upon the Astartes?' 'They see their gods and the heroes of their corrupted myths, gathered before them and heralding the end of their world.'
[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords
Property of FileTrekker
11th June 2013
is that game called runescape?
8th November 2005
Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.
The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.
Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution.
You may forget but you are not innocent.