A Piece of the Tropics Pie
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mix the pineapple with juice, sugar, corn syrup, and flour. One by one, mix in the coconut, macadamia nuts, cherries, eggs, and vanilla. Scoop the filling mixture into the crust. Drizzle the pie with the melted butter.
- Bake loosely covered with foil for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. I like to sit my pie on a cookie sheet or something in case of spillage. Remove foil, and continue baking 30 minutes. Cool, and chill 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
lol why is this important? just a pie....mmm pie :P
hi lamby :wave:
A new sense of nuisance.
8th December 2003
What do you mean, "why is this important?! ITS PIE!!!
pie = good. simple as that.