I want to go, but I don't have a soul to spend on it. :Puzzled:
I heard it's got an all-you-can-eat buffet.
Bands and rumors are starting to swirl for Inyrifest 2010. With the traveling festival making its much heralded return to the touring circuit this summer, punters are eager to know which bands will be filling this year’s Inyrifest roster. What seems to just ‘make sense’, coupled with educated guesses and general ideation based on various rumors and whisperings, can be found below:
* Inyri Forge (to headline) * Billz1282 or Slipknot (to co-headline) * Red group Clan * Alice in Chains * Them Crooked Vultures * Mastodon * Fear Factory
* Down or DevilDriver (to headline) * Skeletonwitch * Whitechapel * Dirge Within * Children of Bodom * Mutiny Within * Baroness
General Rumors and Musings
* The likelihood of a ‘big name’ European/UK act (remember Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) being thrown in the mix, coupled with the potential for a ‘reunion‘ act (aside from Alice in Chains) to lock down the co-headlining slot on the mainstage would not go amiss. * Having said that, what about someone a little more mainstream as co-headliners…our two picks outside of the above thought process go to Chickenfoot and Godsmack.
* One or more of the usual NWOAHM crew (Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, etc.) will make their annual appearance.
* Most folks will be crossing their fingers that a Relapse or Earache upstart will make the bill (see: Your Demise, White Wizzard).
* Don’t write off Roadrunner funding multiple bands, outside of their young guns in Mutiny Within, to get on Inyrifest 2010. With new signings Trivium making strides across the globe with their own headlining tours, and now boasting a new drummer, odds would favor rather than not.
* Who wouldn’t like to see a fantastic random Euro act like Finntroll or Dark Tranquillity from the CM/NB partnership come over to the US? Both are supporting new albums. Even Soilwork are in the studio again, don’t forget.
* Leave one slot open for a band nobody likes (see: OTEP)
* What about special guest headliners on major city dates…
* What about Disturbed and Mudvayne and these larger acts who have ‘done it all before’? Depends on album sales (not so hot for Mudvayne), interest (high for Disturbed), and what’s in the cooker for them for 2010.
* Note: Various acts above (Mastodon, Lamb of God, etc.) could be interchanged between slots. Noted that acts like Dillinger Escape Plan are on other tours, but routing and dates for Inyrifest is still TBD.
* Note: Who knows how Team Inyrifest are going to spin it this year. Will it be big bands and no side-stage at specific stops, or a full blown multi-stage tour?